BuzzFeed is looking for an editorialMarket Writerfor a full-time position in our New York office. As a member of BuzzFeed's expanding market section, you will be responsible for helping readers discover new products in a helpful & entertaining way. If you're the type of person who's constantly buying bizarre kitchen gadgets, scouring the internet for coupon codes, or is always the first of your friends to discover a great new store, we'd love to hear from you!
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following categories: Home, Beauty, Womens Fashion, Mens Fashion, & Tech/gadgets.
- Research products in various categories & price points that are of interest to the BuzzFeed audience
- Write shareable, unique product roundups & short to mid-length reviews of products in multiple categories
- Discover & tackle viral product trends & deals on the internet, especially from Amazon, & wherever else people are buying things these days
- Track & analyze your posts' site traffic & affiliate analytics
- Previous experience/internship writing for a magazine or website about consumer products (or exemplary blogging/writing experience)
- Flawless spelling, grammar, & usage in your writing
- Genuine love for the internet & online shopping
- Personal initiative, flexibility, intellectual curiosity
- Firm understanding of the BuzzFeed audience & voice
- Social, SEO strategy, design and/or video skills are a strong plus
Create a profile on BuzzFeedand publish a couple of shopping roundups or short product reviews that show off your internet chops, writing prowess, & how well you get the BuzzFeed voice & style (For examples, seehere.) Include a link to your BuzzFeed profile in your cover letter.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company, delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, youll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create technology & content that helps connect people all over the world.