Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, & web. Customers, including Citi, Disney, Urban Outfitters, & Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands & consumers in a more authentic & human way. And we do it at scale each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 1.8 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100 list & as one of Magazines 2019 Best Places to work.
We are headquartered in New York with offices in London, San Francisco & Singapore. And we have 380 employees & are growing!
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
The SVP of Sales, Americas is a senior management role with responsibility for new business ACV quota across the Enterprise & Digital First sales teams. The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of experience selling SaaS products to Enterprise-level clients, strategic accounts & in higher run-rate environments as well as operating in high growth technology sectors.This role can be based in either New York City or San Francisco.
The candidate will have a broad network, mature sales acumen & experience in hiring & developing world-class SaaS sales teams as a result of a high performing career in quota carrying roles.
The SVP Sales will be responsible for driving large, complex transactions as well as higher cadence transactions, while ensuring consistent & predictable growth & success. The ideal candidate will have experience in marketing automation, CRM, email or related marketing technologies, be a thought-leader for innovation & disruptive technologies, have a customer-first mentality & represent Braze within the local ecosystem of employees, customers, partners & other stakeholders. This position will report directly to the CRO.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Set & execute an aggressive customer acquisition strategy
- Align go-to-market teams (BDR, marketing, Strategic Business Consulting, Solutions Consulting, executive) to execute the FY plan & represent a clear, single vision to customers & the marketplace
- Manage overall sales process & provide detailed & accurate sales forecasting
- Plan & manage at both the strategic & operational levels
- Hire, nurture & performance manage a team of world-class sales talent
- Be a proactive representative within the senior leadership team
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Minimum of 10 years proven experience in SaaS sales, including Enterprise sales, & consistent over-achievement of quota & revenue goals
- At least 5 years experience managing a regional team of sales executives, preferably in marketing technology
- Strong track record of recruiting, developing & retaining high performing enterprise sales organization
- Able to work cross-functionally with Marketing, Customer Success, & Sales Operations
- A proven connector in daily life through social media & other mediums
- Up-to-date on digital & application trends, especially in the mobile space
- Proven success navigating large organizations & ability to quickly identify the decision makers & decision-making process for large SaaS investments
- Prior experience in a startup technology company a plus
- Strong operational & analytical abilities
- Outstanding verbal, written & stand-up presentation skills
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Excellent medical, dental, & vision coverage for you & your dependents
- 401(k) matching, life insurance, commuter benefits, & parental leave plans
- Daily catered lunches & fully stocked kitchen with snacks & beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial & fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life in the way that suits you best
This position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.