The Company: As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven indoor vertical farming company transforming agriculture with global headquarters in Newark, NJ. Recognized bycom as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling quickly to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards. We now need an Assistant Construction Manager to assist in the design & execution of future projects in the United States & around the world.
AeroFarms strategic goal is to enable local production at commercial scale in various markets globally. Specifically, we are focused on developing local farms that produce quality, flavorful, safe, pesticide-free, grown produce that can be easily traced from farm to fork through a simple & transparent supply chain. In our strategy to enhance our competitive advantage, we are seeking innovative, committed, individuals who can share in our long-term goals & sustainability efforts. Ultimately, at AeroFarms we are striving to transform agriculture.
Position Summary: The Director of Farm Development works closely with the Head of Farm Development in supporting the Farm Development Strategy across multiple geographies. The Director will source, lead, structure, & negotiate transactions on behalf of the Company. The position requires entrepreneurship & the ability to work independently with a diverse group of stakeholders including governments, investors & other strategic & financial partners. The Director will manage complex financial & legal structures in close coordination with the Companys Chief Financial Officer, Legal & Compliance teams. The position requires significant travel both in the United States & abroad & the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Development of the companys project pipeline including market & site selection
- Identifying & sourcing key strategic & financial partners that support development efforts in selected geographies
- Regular communication with the Head of Farm Development to update on project status in accordance with the groups overall strategy
- Working closely with the Head of Farm Development on strategy development & execution in target markets including capital formation
- Project ownership through a financial closing including pre-construction & overall ownership of project schedules in coordination with the Construction team
- Evaluation & ability to produce business plans for a wide array of Farm Development projects
- Represent AeroFarms at conferences & meetings with senior external stakeholders, such as government officials
- Participate in AeroFarms' marketing & recruiting events, & promote AeroFarms' mission, vision & values by embodying the company's guiding principles.
- Bachelors Degree or above
- At least 5 years of experience in sourcing, leading & executing deals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Prior experience in business expansion & pipeline development; ideally in a capital intensive industry
- Business plan development & strategic planning
- Strong analytical background & understanding of key financial concepts
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in Management Consulting or related field encouraged but not required
- Background in industrial real estate development and/or energy are encouraged but not required
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties & standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, & perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.