Stack Overflow is growing fast, & our technology needs just keep getting bigger. Were looking for an Information Security Analyst (ISA) to join our existing team & help us grow our Infosec program. As an ISA, youll bring a business & customer mindset to secure the company with automation & repeatable processes that partners with our lines of business & customers.
Were looking for someone with experience in applying security controls & implementing a variety of security tools to help us manage risk.
You will become knowledgeable on our products & collaborate on security requirements & controls with our product teams & answer security-related questions from our customers. We dont expect you to know every other part of our stack coming in, so well pair you with other members of the team to learn & develop your skills across our entire organization & product lines.
What youll work on:
- Work closely with SRE & IT teams providing guidance on secure server, network, & client system builds
- Contribute to our continuous improvement of incident response
- Contribute to our continuous improvement of vulnerability management
- Automate security operations whenever possible
- Work with Legal & Sales teams on customer security requirements in products & services
- Document our ever-evolving systems & procedures
- ISO 27001 Annex A controls
Our ecosystem includes:
- Google Cloud Platform
- Azure Sentinel (SIEM)
- Rapid7 Nexpose
- Microsoft Intune
- Cisco & Meraki
- Linux Centos (RedHat Enterprise Linux RHEL)
- Mac & PC laptops
- GitHub Enterprise
Skills & Requirements
Were looking for:
- 3+ years experience working in a technical, hands-on information security role.
- One or more current security related certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISA, SANS, GIAC, etc)
- 3+ years of Azure cloud platform experience or equivalent (i.e AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Python experience (always looking to automate manual tasks)
- Strong written communication skills & a strong inclination to document as you go
- Familiarity with: Servers, Networking, DNS, SIEM, IDS, vulnerability management tools, & a variety of OSs
We like to see:
- Experience working both on a team & on independent projects
- Great communication & people skills
- Self-motivated & proactive
Also note: If this job interests you but you arent certain if you meet all of the requirements, apply anyway!
Were a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening June 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19), youll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams). While were generally very flexible on working hours, living & working within GMT-7:00 to GMT+2:00 time zones (US through Europe) is required for scheduling & interaction with your team. We also believe in strong work-life balance & are focused on making sure you have a positive work experience, in-office or remotely.
What youll get in return:
- Flexible hours
- 20 days paid vacation + holidays
- Completely free health insurance - no copay, no premiums (US residents)
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, & unlimited sick days
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
About Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. Our products & services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, & enterprise knowledge sharing.
We believe in hiring smart people & getting out of their way. We have an office in New York with some of the best amenities of any New York startup, & we have people who work remotely all over the world. We keep meetings & ceremonies to an absolute minimum.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check & upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.