AlphaSense provides an AI-based search engine for market intelligence, used by the largest & fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to curate & semantically index the worlds market & company information, including the vast high-value content sets that traditional web search engines cannot reach. With 1000+ enterprise clients, AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive, & gain an information edge by discovering critical data points & trends that others miss.
Alphasense is looking for a data analyst to join the Analytics & BI team. This role is perfect for a versatile, high-output individual who combines analytical horsepower with excellent project management & internal partnership skills.
Analytics is far more than dashboards & data warehouses. Its a growth accelerator & enablement layer that, when done right, helps an entire business run better.
This role will play a key part in growing the analytics capability at AlphaSense. As a foundational member of a new team, youll be working across the org to help build analytics from the ground up.
Rather than just running SQL queries all day, youll partner with internal groups to tackle key strategic, operational, & technical initiatives while building systems that will help us scale.
- Grow & maintain our analytics stack, which includes BigQuery, Dataform, Stitch, Data Studio.
- Assist in the rollout of analytics systems & process throughout the organization.
- Partner across the organization to design metrics & KPIs, & develop analysis to monitor & understand those KPIs.
- Design & create reports & analysis that drive action. This includes assessing needs & resources, & building deliverables that meet the needs of many types of users.
- Support the single source of truth for the org through creating & maintaining data models for use by other teams & by identifying & correcting data gaps, inconsistencies, etc.
- Collaborate with product & marketing to support implementation of new data/analytics tools by , e.g., Segment event tracking.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for data & analysis.
- Onboard new technical & business users onto our systems & tools
- Identify opportunities for better tooling, data systems, & process to help improve operations & drive growth.
- Strong SQL skills required
- 2 years experience working with databases/analytics data warehouses, e.g., BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift (BigQuery preferred)
- 2 years of experience as a business analyst, data analyst, or in a similar data-focused capacity with a business focus
- 2 years experience building reporting & analysis in BI/visualization software such as Looker, Tableau, Data Studio, etc.
- Previous industry experience preferred (consulting, bizops, revops, etc.)
- Experience with data modeling tools (LookML, dbt, Dataform) a plus
- Experience collaborating deeply across an organization to understand department process, needs, & goals, & building custom analysis/reporting to match
- Experience working with an executive audience to answer strategic questions
- Strong business sense; understanding of the drivers/metrics of SaaS businesses preferred
- Ability to seamlessly switch altitude between specific technical questions & broad org-level KPIs/strategies
- Demonstrated proficiency at telling a story with data
- Quick study - ability to quickly dissect a problem & drive insightful analysis is key