Company Description|Job Description
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers & enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content & brands. Since 2006, PubMatic's focus on data & technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices & six data centers worldwide.
We're looking for a Senior Data Analyst to work on our business application products (Audiences, Video & Mobile) with a passion for internet technology to help drive informed business & product decisions for PubMatic. The ideal candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, experience working with large data sets, & data-driven decision making. You are focused on results, a self-starter, scrappy & have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, & success of a product.
- Conduct data analysis to make product recommendations, track product KPIs & design experiments
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, & the presentation of findings to multiple levels of stakeholders, creating visual displays of quantitative information
- Partner with Product & Engineering teams to solve problems & identify trends & opportunities
- Develop & automate reports, iteratively build & prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to understand their business needs, formulate & complete end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables & presentations
- BA/BS or Master's degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g., Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Sciences)
- 3+ years of experience working with statistical packages (e.g. R, SAS, Stata, MATLAB, etc.)
- Experience with articulating product questions, pulling data from datasets (SQL) & using statistics to arrive at an answer
- Experience in scripting with SQL, extracting large sets of data, & design of ETL flows
- Work experience in an inter-disciplinary/cross-functional field
- Deep interest & aptitude in data, metrics, analysis & trends & applied knowledge of measurement, statistics & program evaluation
- Distinctive problem solving skills & impeccable business judgment
- Capable of translating analysis results into business recommendations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.