Being an Intern at Group Nine Media: Group Nine is currently seeking ambitious, motivated, & dedicated interns to join our ten-week Summer Internship program. Our interns will experience Group Nine Media from the vantage point of a full-time employee, while also receiving hands-on training & development. Oh, & it will be fun!
Intern Openings: we have openings across the following teams:
- NowThis (NY): Production, Publishing, & Design
- POPSUGAR (both NY & SF): Editorial
- Thrillist (NY): Editorial, Social, & Video
- Seeker (SF): Production
Group Nine Departments
- Audience Development & Insights (NY)
- Business Operations (NY)
- Communications & PR (NY)
- Creative Design & Editorial (NY)
- Facilities (NY)
- Human Resources (NY)
- Legal Operations (NY)
- Marketing (NY)
- Production (NY)
- Sales & Account Management (NY)
- Tech & Product (NY)
What Youll Get:
- The inside scoop on whats happening in digital media
- Real world experience - gain confidence in a professional setting through our Lunch + Learn series
- Great peers - youll work alongside dynamic & curious digital media enthusiasts
- A sense of community - our interns might work on different teams but they come together to learn & have fun as one team
What We Need From You:
- Passion: you have an affinity for the content we cover & familiarity with our brands.
- Interpersonal Skills: were a team around here & you know how to build relationships with those around you.
- Open-mindedness: youre great at taking others ideas into consideration & you arent afraid to ask questions
- Strong Work Ethic: you put in the time & energy it takes to get the job done.
- Agility: you thrive in a fast-paced, flexible, team-oriented environment, & are motivated by challenges, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities & processes.
- Full availability for the program duration (June 1 - Aug 7)
- Must be a rising junior or senior in an accredited university/college program, or a recent graduate (within the past 6 months)
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
- Duration: 10 weeks (June 1, 2020 - August 7, 2020)
- Hours: 35 hours/week
- Internships at Group Nine are paid & do not offer course credit
- Internship submissions are due by March 31st, 2020
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
About Group Nine:
Group Nines mission is to tell great stories that spark action & make a real difference. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, July 2019], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen, July 2019]. Audiences spend nearly 50 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; POPSUGAR, the leading digital lifestyle brand for women; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lion, Critics Choice, among others.