IT Support Engineer
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.-Robert A. Heinlein
Pivotals Story VIDEO
As a recognised leader in disciplined, agile, & lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, a modern approach, & infrastructure with organisations core expertise & values. Our cloud-native platform & suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the worlds most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds & with greater business agility. We optimise for change & teach next-generation developers to create & build new solutions, & were committed to open source & open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development & innovation, & our culture is about empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each & every project, & are guided by a purposeful missionto transform how the world builds software.
Our London office is growing fast & we could use a hand keeping it, & some of the companys primary systems, running smoothly. Your job will become as big as you make it. The prime directive is: do the right thing, do what works, & be kind. We want you to help us do that.
If it has a MAC address, its ours. We keep things working so that everyone else can focus on what they do best. We value personal communication over documentation, time over money, & good enough today over perfect next week. When we want help, we pair & learn. Got it well in hand? Get it done.
Were an Apple shop, but some people will be on Windows or Linux instead of Macs. If youve got background in all three, were stoked. If not, we'll teach you. We deal with mobile of every stripe. As few printers as possible. We love Google Apps. We keep as many services hosted as we can. Youll also have the chance to work with cool stuff like Jamf Pro, Oktas SSO, & vSphere, but you dont need to be familiar with those now.
Hot breakfast shows up at 8:30am. After we eat, we get together for a chat on whats happening that day. We all stand up to keep it quick. Once you hit your desk, its up to you. What looks important? What do you want to work on alone? What do you want to pair on with one of the other team members? What do you want to kick to someone else? You have a lot of latitude in deciding how to do your job. If you work here, we trust you.
- Triaging all incoming company tickets including IT tickets
- Communicating & developing IT policies
- Setting up new hires, provisioning accounts & access
- Assisting with asset management & acquisition
- Leading larger-scale department projects
- Shaping your own professional development (PD)
- Designing, maintaining, & developing long-term projects
- Troubleshooting IT issues, both independently & collaboratively
- Paired learning & teaching: pairing with peers & cross collaboration, both within IT & other teams in the business
- Pairing with developers, product managers & designers
- Helping to keep client data secure
- Supporting proactively the wider office
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Technical help desk or equivalent experience, including supporting an Apple environment
- Demonstrated ability to plan & document projects
- A focus on end-user satisfaction over technical perfection
- A people person, empathetic & kind. Soft skills communication, ability to build rapport
- Strong customer service. Ability to understand an issue, & proactively help clients find solutions & enable clients.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels of technical expertise & seniority, inside & outside the organization, both verbally & in writing
- Strong ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders
- Organised & detail oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- Customer focused & results driven
- Able to lift & move desktop computers (eg: 15kg boxes)
Pivotal is an equal opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.