Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, & more. Braze is built specifically for todays mobile-first world & tomorrows ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time & continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that arent built for todays on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, & teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, & customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, & Singapore. Most recently, weve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. Weve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on's 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a Top 10 Upstart by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Braze SDK Engineering Team builds lifecycle engagement SDKs for the world's best known apps & sites. We provide rich APIs for integrating with our system as well as highly functional & flexible user interfaces. Our mission is to relentlessly optimize for performance, ease of integration, clean API design, & reliability.
WHO YOU ARE
- BS in Computer Science & 6+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years Android development experience
- Strong coding experience in Java - we are open to strong Java developers who are looking to make a switch to Android development
- Should have worked with most of the following: multithreaded coding, memory/performance debugging, UI development, continuous integration, build systems, code libraries/apis, mobile dependency managers (ie Maven, Gradle)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience coding in Kotlin, HTML/JS, Ruby
- Experience in multiple mobile platforms
WHAT WE OFFER
Tech startup vibe including free daily lunches, snacks, & group events. Inclusive & diverse culture. Complete support from your teammates across all departments & a real get it done attitude for our customers. An opportunity to join a market leading company & have an impact.
- Excellent medical insurance & life insurance coverage for you & your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Daily lunches, snacks, & beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial, & fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.