OUR VISION: THE WORLD. SUBSCRIBED.
Customers have changed. Theyre looking for new ways to engage with businesses. Consumers today have a new set of expectations. They want outcomes, not ownership. Customization, not generalization. Constant improvement, not planned obsolescence.
In the old world (lets call it the Product Economy) it was all about things. Acquiring new customers, shipping commodities, billing for one-time transactions. But in todays new era, its all about relationships. More & more customers are becoming subscribers because subscription experiences built around services meet consumers needs better than the static offerings or a single product.
Our vision is The World Subscribed where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo & author of the best selling book Subscribed).
Zuoras TechOps teams are responsible for Data Center & Cloud infrastructures, monitoring performance & uptime, managing internal & external shared services, infrastructure services & more - for Zuoras customer-facing SaaS products & platforms. Our technologists sit across US, Beijing, India & remotely, using a follow-the-sun model to provide 24x7x365 coverage for critical functions & partner closely with our Engineering, Customer Support, Security, Global Services & Sales teams on a daily basis to keep our customers front & center.
Provide the best reliable & scalable infrastructure platform to run our kickass billing, connect, & revenue SaaS solutions for our customers.
THE OPPORTUNITY (AKA: Why you want this role over any other out there)
- Build & run large scale distributed SaaS systems inline with our uptime & performance SLAs.
- Create & maintain runbooks for various & operational needs.
- Maintain best practices on managing systems & services across all environments.
- Handle all L2/L3 Engineering problem tickets.
- Fault-finding, analysis & logging of information for reporting of performance exceptions.
- Proactively monitoring system performance & capacity planning.
- Manage, coordinate, & implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on servers.
- Create & modify scripts or applications to automate manual tasks or optimize existing automation.
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, & scalability of the environment.
- Managing the complete AWS life cycle, along with security, provisioning, & automation.
- Fine-tuning & configuring various cloud infrastructures.
- Performing services such as kernel patching, errata patching, & software upgrades
- Creating backups & managing disaster recovery.
- Maintaining access control, as well as the integrity of data, throughout the platform of the AWS application.
- Effectively monitoring performance degree & its availability.
- Manage network servers & technology tools.
- Prioritize based on severity & customer impact.
- Handle sensitive escalation issues & conflicting/competing priorities.
- Monitor & manage application & back-end batch processes to ensure application uptime requirements & SLA compliance.
- Participate in a 24/7 global coverage plan, including weekend on-call & holiday coverage.
OUR TECH STACK:
AWS, Oracle,Ansible, Jenkins, Packer, Terraform, Kubernetes, Python, Shell, ELK, Prometheus.
WHAT YOULL ACHIEVE
- Help build & operate a large scale distributed SaaS platform running best in class subscription billing & revenue SaaS solutions.
- Provide 24x7 coverage working alongside other amazing global(US, Beijing, India, & others) Zuora Techops team members.
- Drive incident & help identify root causes related to complex problems spanning various application & infrastructure domains.
- Work with a large scale centralized monitoring & logging system to help maintain uptime & troubleshoot problems.
- Provide architecture & design feedback to the Engineering & build teams to improve service & platform scalability & reliability.
- Help promote Infrastructure as a code approach.
Our vision is to provide exceptional services to our customers & internal teams .
Why work for Zuora TechOps?
- You will be challenged on a daily basis to understand our use cases & provide the best solutions - the learning will never stop!
- We offer continuous career development & knowledge training.
Our management team grows & motivates individuals through coaching & mentoring, creating a rewarding & challenging work atmosphere.
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Over 5- 8 years of experience operating & managing services in a distributed, large scale environment.
- Extensive experience in Oracle database administration
- Strong Knowledge of Performance tuning troubleshooting, Database backup & recovery.
- Extensive hands-on experience with Networking, Linux/Unix, & AWS.
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems internals & administration.
- Experience with working cloud platforms in AWS.
- Experience working with centralized logging & Monitoring tools like ELK or Splunk.
- Experience working web servers (Apache, Tomcat, Nginx), load balancers.
- Experience in handling production incidents & root cause analysis.
- Experience in infrastructure & operations automation using Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, bash scripting, AWS CloudFormation.
- Experience in managing microservices in Amazon EKS & ECS.
- Strong crisis management leadership ability; Experience with Incident management.
- Ability to collaborate & work with global teams & mentor other team members.
- Hands-on operational experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment
- Effective communication skills, whether talking to individual contributors or to executive management
- Strong troubleshooting & problem resolution skills.
- Experience in scripting like Ansible, Groovy, Python added advantage.
ABOUT ZUORA & OUR ZEO CULTURE
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models & acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates & orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing & revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, & Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered & supported to be the ZEO of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion & belonging into our processes, policies & culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, & APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health & give back to our communities along with career cash & plenty of learning & development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Think, be & do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences & contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, & considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.