SoundCloud is the world's leading audio platform, allowing everyone to share & discover unique content anywhere, anytime, on the web & on mobile.
Repost by SoundCloud is the music industrys fastest growing music distribution service. As a business, we enable musicians to monetize their music on platforms such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music & many more. We also provide our users with transparent revenue reporting, as well as promotion opportunities.
As a culture, we believe that the world of streaming music is changing, & while anyone has the ability to build their own audience, they should also have the ability to make a living from that audience.
This role is responsible for working across the Repost Select roster, developing strategies & implementing high impact one-of-a-kind campaigns focused on artist development with an emphasis on streaming. Employee will act as a central marketing point on multiple projects from initial conception through album/release cycles, responsible for planning, direction, organization, execution & control of the marketing strategies & budgets for new artist releases & special projects.
We are looking to hire a highly motivated individual who is organized, has great communication skills, & is able to work with cross-functional teams & liaise between stakeholders within an agile environment. Preferably, this person should have a background at a record label or in entertainment marketing.
- Regularly interface with artists & management on all aspects of commercial release plan & marketing strategy to ensure the success of the project.
- Liaise with Account Managers & internal resources to write marketing plans & create content calendars & assets across multiple platforms to support artist development.
- Responsible for the monitoring & implementation of marketing spend for each release.
- Oversee the creation of artist visual branding including social & digital assets.
- Proactively communicate project mission/analysis with all departments inside the company, & to artist management
- Understand & analyze the constant flow of streaming, consumption, & social data & adjust marketing strategies accordingly.
- Oversee artists development & recommend promotional opportunities across the SoundCloud platform & social media channels.
- Proactively recommend creative campaign ideas & optimization & best practices.
- Plan, execute & optimize all advertising spends related to the project. Manage budgets & report advertising stats to all departments.
- Develop & nurture relationships with relevant partners (i.e. social media outlets, blogs, influencers, curators, etc.) to secure promotion & coverage for projects.
- Manage vendors & build compelling social media & interactive experiences that build fan loyalty, drive traffic, & support streaming.
- 3+ Experience in the music industry, digital marketing, or agency ideally in roles that were focused on consumer marketing.
- Strong organizational skills & the ability to manage complex projects
- Strong analytical skills matched with an enthusiastic creative approach to campaign building.
- Knowledge & ability to balance music marketing savvy with attention to detail, follow up & execution on a multiple project level.
- Expert in social communication & working with digital platforms: SoundCloud, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, YouTube, Spotify, Apple Music, etc.
- Strong writing & communication skills
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic & high energy environment & are comfortable with occasional ambiguity & a team player willing to pitch in whenever needed.
- You are proficient at using Google Drive.
- You are comfortable working remotely.
- Ability to work under pressure with imminent deadlines & prioritizing tasks in real-time.
Diversity at SoundCloud:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity & open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform & global community where anyone can create, discover, & share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry & strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.