Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VC&A) drives tangible, impactful & financial results for Visa's network clients, including issuers, merchant acquirers & merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational & macroeconomics, Visa Consulting & Analytics solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The US Consulting Practice within VC&A provides consulting & solution services for Visa's clients in the United States. We apply deep expertise in the payments industry to provide solutions to assist clients with their key business priorities, drive growth & improve profitability. The VC&A team provides a comprehensive range of consulting services to deliver solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as improving profitability, strategic growth, customer experience, digital payments & managing risk.
We are currently looking for an Analyst to support the team on strategic consulting engagements. The ideal candidate is a highly analytical individual with previous strategy, consulting & /or financial experience (payments experience a plus).
Typical projects may include:
- How does a financial institution increase market share in consumer credit cards?
- How should a credit card issuer use emerging technology to acquire the best customers?
- How does a financial institution grow their credit card portfolio while mitigating credit risk?
- How does a financial institution optimize their product offering?
- How should a credit card issuer use digital & emerging technology to acquire & retain the best customers?
- Play an integral role on a team of experienced professionals in delivering strategic consulting services to key Visa clients
- Complete consulting engagements with other team members, including participating in interviews, analyzing confidential client data, & summarizing key findings
- Conduct industry research & identify internal & external data resources to create custom analytics
- Complete detailed analysis on client data & identify preliminary trends & themes in the data
- Develop client-specific presentations which address executive needs & deliver presentations to clients & internal Visa partners
1 year of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
Previous consulting experience preferred
Excellent communication, story-telling & presentation skills
Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to process & summarize large amounts of data into key strategic insights
Strong team player with a willingness to collaborate across levels & functional experts - Strong multi-tasking skills & ability to adapt
Proficient & ideally a power-user of spreadsheet & presentation tools
An interest in learning advanced analytics tools (SAS, R, Tableau, etc.)
An interest in payments, financial institutions or consumer lending a plus
An affinity for payments technology, FinTech & digital
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Relocation assistance will not be provided for this opportunity
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.