WHO ARE WE?
The Lifecycle Marketing team is transforming the way BARK engages with its millions of customers. Were mobilizing big data, clever creative & multiple channels to build a 1:1 communications experience that anticipates & answers each customers needs across their lifetime with BARK (from prospect nurture & conversion to subscriber engagement & upsell to long-term retention & loyalty). If imagineering programs that deliver the right solution to the right dog at the right time sets your tail a-wagging (metaphorically speaking), then come join us!
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
We are hiring a Director of Lifecycle Marketing - Retention & Loyalty to lead the development of programs that drive subscriber engagement & long-term loyalty. Partnering closely with our Product & Data teams, you will be responsible for understanding the needs of subscribers & the dogs they love, & creating communications programs that engage & delight them. The role requires a knack for driving strategy through data, the creative sensibilities to turn that strategy into customer-relevant programs, & the ability to work collaboratively & cross-functionality. If youre a data hound who loves real-life hounds (not to mention Poodles & Bulldogs & Labs) then this roles for you.
- Lead the development of onboarding & loyalty programs that drive long-term retention, combining data-driven insights with a creative & humanized approach to communications.
- Craft personalization & segmentation strategies to more efficiently & consistently answer the needs of our subscribers & their dogs based on a variety of attributes, including age, breed, region & more.
- Develop omnichannel programs that expand subscriber communications beyond email & traditional CRM channels, while increasing relevance & value to the BARK customer.
- Analyze & interpret behaviors that drive increased retention rates, particularly in the onboarding window, & create programs to optimize that activity.
- Partner with Data team to understand behaviors that put subscribers at risk for churn, & develop programs to address those concerns & drive reengagement.
- Generate & test new concepts & tactics that transform insights into action; scale successful pilots & create on-going business optimizations.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Product, Data, Customer Care, Growth) as well as product line Experience Managers to ensure a consistent customer experience.
- Take ownership of all KPIs for your programs & lifecycle segments, & communicate results to BARKs leadership team.
- 7+ years of Retention or Loyalty Marketing experience in a direct-to-consumer environment; experience with subscription services a plus.
- Experience building communications programs through CRM or marketing automation systems a must (Simon Data, Braze, Iterable, HubSpot or similar platform).
- Demonstrated experience working with data to drive insights, inspire campaigns & inform strategy.
- Proven experience with campaign development, from briefs through working with creative teams to launch.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors degree required; Business Analytics or Marketing degree preferred.
- Extremely comfortable working in Excel to manipulate data & build reports.
- Experience coding in languages like SQL is beneficial the desire to learn is a must.
- Must be well-versed in testing strategies (A/B, multivariate, etc) & associated tools & best practices.
- Excellent communication, organizational & project management skills. Ability to work between teams & functions with high autonomy & little guidance.
This position is a full-time position. It is located on-site at our office in New York City. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.