Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Foundations engineering team in Cambridge, MA. The Foundations team focuses on improving overall engineering performance through architectural improvements, engineering tooling, & developing core frameworks. These projects are complex & challenging & provide the opportunity to work with sophisticated tools & technologies. To succeed in this role, you must be able to learn & adapt quickly & collaborate with other engineers to deliver solutions. Potential project opportunities: creating new micro-services, improving UI performance, re-architecting core components & building developer tools. You will own your projects & collaborate with fellow engineers & product partners as you solve interesting problems with a global impact. And no, you do not need to know about cars to work here.
What You'll Do:
- Work with a group of other engineers to improve engineering performance.
- Collaborate with engineers in other groups.
- Participate in requirements & design discussions & come up with efficient solutions.
- Write & deploy high-quality, performant, maintainable code.
- Be deeply engaged in the full development lifecycle designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, monitoring & improving software.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Expertise with Java or similar object-oriented languages.
- Strong understanding of language internals, object-oriented design & relational database design
- Understanding of MySQL or similar relational databases
- Familiarity & experience with a wide range of technologies for different application concerns
- Drawn to & thrive in a fast-paced environment that pushes code daily
- Able to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Experienced with building & designing scalable websites or large-scale applications
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Collaborates well with other people
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field (preferred)
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI, Dublin, IE, & London, UK. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Individuals seeking employment at CarGurus are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.