Sr. Director of Product Management
The Sr. Director of Product Management at Signpost will ensure product strategy, market research, user testing, & overall execution operates at the highest standards. This role will be responsible for delivering a high-performing, Product Management practice with a best-in-class approach. The execution of essential products & solutions within a collaboratively defined roadmap will help propel overall business success & ownership of our category.
Signpost is committed to helping local home service businesses thrive by assisting them in acquiring, serving & driving more business from homeowner customers. Were a 10 year old, $13 million ARR business pursuing a new mission to become the leading communications platform for home service businesses. Along with our VP of Engineering, the Sr. Director of Product Management has an opportunity to define our path forward to achieving our mission. Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Director of Product Management will manage the Product Management team & our design team. This role will work regularly with the engineering leadership & key business leaders in Sales, Marketing & Customer Success.
- Ensure that Signpost brings innovative solutions to the market that solve critical customer problems of home service pros & differentiates us from the competition.
- Improving processes for product discovery, roadmap creation & development planning
- Collaborating with VP Engineering to implement agile software development practices.
- Developing members of product management & design teams
- Product strategy planning including overall team & roadmap investment in collaboration with company leadership & engineering management
- Creating product KPIs & working with the product, engineering & customer success organizations to achieve those KPIs
- Oversight of feature development in collaboration with PMs, engineering, & design
- GTM & feature release planning in collaboration with sales, CS, & marketing teams
- Post-release feature management - adoption, performance, & reiterations for release in collaboration with CS & marketing
- Understanding & communication of market landscape - market trends & changes in collaboration other Product Managers, CS & Sales teams
- Ongoing mapping & matrix of competitive landscape across respective product in collaboration with Product Marketing
- Development & management of partnerships landscape in collaboration with integrations & build-partner-buy leads
- Significant (7+ years) & relevant experience in product management as an individual contributor & team lead in hi-tech SaaS, ad-tech/mar-tech background preferred
- A proven track record in a similar role managing & structuring complex products, ideally in SMB SaaS. Adtech/Martech background preferred
- Experience working with remotely based product development teams & developing requirements built on customer & business needs, willingness for working with remote teams
- Inspiring character with a pragmatic hands-on mentality
- Leading by example, driven, excellent execution & problem-solving skills
- Have a passion for customer-focused product development
- Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering or equivalent experience
- MS, MBA or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other related fields is preferred
Signpost helps over ten thousand local home service pros win more business, communicate with their customers & drive loyalty in those customers. Our core values include:
- We fight for local businesses: Our passion is helping local businesses thrive.
- Convenience matters: We believe that convenient, easy-to-use technology is key to growing local businesses.
- We invest in our people: Our commitment to our employees is that they will be better for the time they have spent at Signpost. We invest in training & route employees to opportunities to increase their skills.
- We are transparent: everyone knows exactly how the business is doing & what our plans are going forward; we provide feedback frequently & with candor.
- All mission, no ego: We are focused on the mission of the business & achieving our goals not being right or looking good. Good ideas come from everywhere.