Join Enigma at a pivotal moment as we continue to provide valuable solutions for small businesses. We're seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Small Business Data team & play a key role in building reliable, efficient, & scalable data pipelines. Your work will directly impact the accuracy of small business profiles, which influence decisions for companies that employ half the U.S. workforce!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a critical role in designing, developing, & maintaining data pipelines that transform billions of records into authoritative small business profiles. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that your solutions meet customer needs, are delivered on time, & are optimized for performance & cost efficiency. With your technical expertise, you will lead the development & maintenance of data pipelines, implement predictive models, write maintainable & efficient code, & stay up-to-date with the latest trends in data engineering & machine learning. Additionally, you will lead the implementation of data management & quality processes & provide technical guidance to other teams.
We are looking for someone who:
- Thrives in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment
- Shows creativity & a willingness to work together to solve complex problems
- Demonstrates expertise in multiple areas of engineering, including design, implementation, & mentorship
- Has experience building reliable data pipelines on heterogeneous data sources at scale
- Takes ownership & responsibility for their solutions & drives them to successful implementation
- Has a genuine enthusiasm for data & a drive to improve its semantic through innovative technologies
- Has 4+ years of software engineering experience
What Makes This Job Exciting:
- Technical Challenge: Tackle a complex data pipeline with predictive models embedded at multiple stages, balancing reliability, scalability, data quality, & an ambitious forward development plan
- Ownership: Help set the technical direction & execution of the core systems of our product as a senior member of the data engineering team
- Impact: Directly impact the accuracy of small business profiles & influence decisions for companies that employ half the U.S. workforce
Bonus Points If You:
- Have experience with entity resolution challenges at scale
- Are familiar with cluster optimizations & technologies like Spark or similar
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends in data pipelines, such as workflow orchestration, data lineage, point-in-time analysis, & data semantics
At Enigma, were building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public & third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow & thrive. Our core values generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive guide everything we do, from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with & support one another on a daily basis. Were a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds & skills, but were all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through datatogether. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Salary Range: $160,000-$210,000
A note on salary ranges: we pride ourselves on paying competitively for our size & industry. Salary is one piece of a total Enigma compensation package that includes additional benefits & opportunities. All of our compensation packages include equity because we believe 100% of Enigma employees should have the option to purchase ownership in the company & benefit from the value were creating together