Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building & engaging communities of developers & excited to work with founders of startups.
Reporting to the Manager, Developer Relations, your primary role will be to understand DigitalOceans community of more than 3.5 million developers & drive engagement with the community in meaningful ways. As a Developer Advocate focused on Hatch, our global startup program, you will be responsible for building relationships with the developer community & startup founders to increase platform adoption & customer growth through evangelism, community engagement, & product marketing. You will help developers through hands-on interactions, share knowledge through educational programs, foster new connections & inspire ideas through events, code, & office hours. You will relay developer feedback from the community directly to the DigitalOcean product team, which will inform our product roadmap & ultimately benefit customers. The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic about the open source developer community & have an intimate understanding & capacity to empathize with the unique experiences & challenges of startup founders.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Represent DigitalOcean to the greater developer community through in-person engagement & online content.
- Act as a technical advisor & mentor in meetings with founders of startups & their teams to discuss their current technical needs & future growth plans.
- Leverage your breadth of technical knowledge to prepare & deliver talks/workshops/webinars to developer communities around the world.
- Collaborate directly with product & marketing teams to share developer feedback & shape how we build & market products.
What Well Expect From You:
- You're a highly motivated self-starter always looking for the next thing to throw your heart & mind into. You can own & drive initiatives with little to no guidance or direction.
- Hunger for learning & a mantra of "right tool right job". You're on top of the latest & greatest but still have opinions & preferences on what you reach for.
- The ability to convey your technical credibility while remaining humble.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills with a knack for breaking down complicated concepts into digestible explanations.
- Flexibility with work & travel schedules.
- Genuine love for startups & empathy for their founders: You are familiar yet still curious about entrepreneurship & are excited about building community within the startup ecosystem.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work.We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!