Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world, & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services, & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
HelloFresh is seeking an Associate Manager, Public Relations to drive exceptional earned media attention that supports our growing brand portfolio (HelloFresh, EveryPlate, Green Chef, & Factor). As the Associate Manager, Public Relations you will play a pivotal role within the internal PR team, helping with the development & execution of consumer-driven PR strategies. You will craft & tell inspired stories, maintain strong media relationships & garner favorable media coverage for our brands, products & initiatives. This position will work within the Brand Marketing organization to maintain our industry-leading levels of brand awareness, brand affinity, & reputation.
- Assist in the development & execution of brand & product storytelling to generate positive media coverage & conversation across all HelloFresh brands.
- Maintain an always-on approach to media relations with a focus on driving consumer PR stories around product news, gift guides, sustainability efforts, & seasonal story ideas.
- Help identify news within the walls of HelloFresh, leverage brand content, data, in-house experts, & identify third party partners that provide added credibility & a broader earned footprint.
- Help develop & execute events, partnerships & initiatives designed to drive media engagement.
- Build & maintain a robust media database -- conduct research to constantly build a rolodex of new relevant outlets & contacts.
- Draft, update & distribute press materials & messaging.
- Coordinate the delivery & tracking of VIP boxes to media & influencers.
- Media monitoring, measuring, & reporting.
- Coordinate localized community donations, support charitable giving programs & brand-building projects as necessary.
- A clear communicator with a passion for storytelling & the ability to form strong media relationships
- Detail orientedyou have meticulous attention to detail, are diligent with formatting & fact-checking, & can spot a typo from a mile away
- Autonomous & self-motivatedwith support from your manager, you largely find your own path to achieve aggressive KPIs
- Driven for results - you push projects to completion with a sense of urgency
- Egolessyoure never hesitant to roll-up your sleeves
- Boundlessly creativeyoure always on the lookout for creating the next story idea or opportunity. You also apply your creativity to your problem-solving abilities
At a minimum, you have...
- Undergraduate degree in Communications, Marketing or related field
- 3-5 years experience in a PR/Communications role (agency experience a plus)
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- An avid news junkie who keeps up with trends both in & outside of the food/tech industries
- Excellent media relations skills with the ability to craft compelling news pitches & develop creative ideas to generate earned media
- Experience with brand performance tracking
- A true go-getter. Youre proactive & always think two steps ahead
- The ability to multi-task & work independently in a highly organized, detail oriented manner
- Experience with media monitoring & database tools (Muckrack, Cision, Talkwalker, Google Alerts, TVEyes etc.)
- Experience working with food & lifestyles brands. Experience working with D2C brands and/or subscription brands a plus.
- A passion for food!
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.