Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Business Process Outsourcing Associate Director to join our Service Operations team in our Tempe, AZ office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Business Process Outsourcing Associate Director is responsible for coordination & oversight of all vendor operations. Assessing business impact & defining strategy for vendor utilization overseeing independent projects that relate to the vision of delegated member services required to reach the company's overall goals.
You will report into the Director, Strategy & Optimization.
- Serve as liaison between Vendor Partners & Service Operations Leadership.
- Lead & implement end-to-end strategic vision for outsourced functions within Service Operations.
- Partner with Vendor & Oscar leadership to manage program oversight, build strategic framework & oversee new initiative buildout.
- Determination of contractual agreement metrics & penalties
- Responsible for maintaining an agreed upon budget for delegated services & effectively managing resources to hit desired service levels.
- Point person for all coordination components for Vendor including training, language certification, quality, IVR, knowledge management, workforce needs, & staffing needs.
- Partner with IT to ensure that tooling is operating appropriately & being used in its proper capacity (i.e Slack, InContact, RTM, etc.)
- Assess, identify & report successes & opportunities of the vendor relationship & implementation of improvement plans for failing metrics within the vendor relationship.
- Partner withService Ops leadership in the event of BPO disaster planning & mitigation.
- 7+ years professional work experience
- Demonstrated success of leading cross functional project teams to achieving quantifiable savings by applying sourcing methods. Transformation experience a plus.
- Ability to understand, organize, communicate & present complex information in an easily understandable format tailored to a variety of audiences
- Strategic thinker with a proven track record of driving improvement & implementing strategies, technology, & processes to get results
- Experience with vendor management of offshore vendors
- Experience in supporting a Health Insurance company
- Knowledge of HIPPA guidelines & practices
- An understanding of the payer regulatory environment
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.