Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We strive to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Come & join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high & build to last?
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to help us make CockroachDB easy for our customers & open source users. In this role, you will:
- Provide phenomenal service for both our open source users & Enterprise customers across our various support channels: chat, forum, Github, & phone.
- Develop deep technical expertise in CRDB & accompanying technologies.
- Recognize patterns among user issues, & suggest ways to improve our product & offerings.
- Partner with our Documentation, Product, Sales, & Engineering teams to drive those improvements home.
- Assist in developing & iterating on our support processes & systems.
In your first 30 days, you will have completed onboarding, & have developed enough expertise to begin assisting users directly. During this time, you will familiarize yourself with CockroachDB, our customers, & our company.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team. You'll be able to comfortably manage most issues from customers, & will be able to contribute meaningfully to improving the breadth & quality of our offerings.
As our team & your expertise grow, youll begin mentoring & training new members of the team, developing & updating training & documentation to ensure that knowledge is not lost.
- You love working with users directly & know how to adjust the tone & content of a message, so it's well received.
- You have a natural knack for collaboratively crafting solutions with users & colleagues.
- You are excited about working with a growing list of Enterprise customers, & can deliver the polish expected by Fortune 500 companies.
- You are already familiar with, or are willing to learn about, the various technologies that make web-scale applications function.
- You thrive in ambiguity, create order out of chaos, & are excited to tackle the unique challenges of teams face in their early stages.
- You are an information sponge. You love getting into the weeds technically, but don't let that distract you from achieving your end goals.
- You are a systems thinker, with a proven track record of solving problems at their root cause.
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.