AccuWeather, recognized & documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts & warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries & tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; & offices in New York City & elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities & get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel & AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces & distributes news, weather content, & video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather's innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning & propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast Minute by Minute forecasts with Superior Accuracy , the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience & comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 & thousands of other businessines in the U.S. & globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the father of modern commercial meteorology. Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker & visionary, has been named the most accurate man in weather by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneurs Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
The AccuWeather Product Intern will work across a variety of initiatives that impact the enterprise product portfolio. This role is an exciting opportunity that will enable the intern to gain experience from working across all of AccuWeathers portfolio products, as well as supporting the product systems that are integral to bringing our product vision to life. The intern will work on a rotation that encompasses a variety of projects required to achieve our goals.
The intern is part of a team whose focus is to transform the existing suite of products used by more than 300 million consumers worldwide, as well as lead the next generation of innovative product development. This internship is an exciting opportunity to gain experience in product management & contribute to the development of impactful strategies that will include various skill development including feature definition, experience design & executing with teams. This internship is perfectly suited for someone with a passion for science, technology, & leveraging data to improve peoples lives. This internship will be for the spring semester of January through May 2022.
Participate in projects & initiatives as prescribed by the product management leadership team; rotating through a variety of product disciplines throughout the course of the internship
- Support the delivery of products, services, features & functions that contribute to the achievement of AccuWeathers product goals
- Undertake audience research to develop user profiles; who they are, the features they use & enhancements they want
- Attend scrum team meetings comprising of engineers & product designers to learn how to execute against plans
- Collect & analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders, & other teams to inform recommendations
- Participate in the development of business cases to support elements of the product strategy; use your business acumen to lead research projects to understand the opportunity in detail
- Ideate new opportunities for AccuWeather to develop products against consumer needs throughout the conversion funnel
- Meticulously detailed. Mobile savvy. Strong business acumen
- Creative thinker. Exceptional communicator. Collaborator by nature
- Desire to learn. Curious mind
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be enrolled in a U.S. based college, university or trade school to qualify. Students who have completed at least two years of college are preferred
- Marketing or Business majors preferred. Computer science or engineering most welcome to apply
- Working knowledge of digitally distributed products & technology
- Ability to interact & communicate with peers
- Attention to detail
While we are considering remote positions, in the United States AccuWeather is only able to hire team members in the following states due to taxation purposes: CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MN, MS, NE, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI, WY.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants & existing employees & we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy & gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here & its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information.