Jopwell is the leading career-advancement platform for Black, Latinx, & Native American students & professionals. Founded in 2015, Jopwell serves as a holistic diversity partner for employers, supporting recruitment & employer branding efforts. Furthermore, Jopwell serves as a resource & advocate on behalf of its community, providing guidance on career-advancement.
About the Role:
Are you eager to be part of an organization transforming the recruitment industry? As a Business Development Representative, you'll have the opportunity to learn & develop strong sales skills & experience by being the first touchpoint with potential clients.You'll play an integral part in generating revenue & taking Jopwell to the next level.
- Generate new leads through cold outreach (e.g., email campaigns, conferences & events, B2B marketing campaigns)
- Educate & qualify inbound & outbound leads based on their company profile & potential hiring needs
- Maintain a strong pipeline of leads at various stages of the sales funnel
- Coordinate & schedule meetings for qualified leads with the sales team
- Document all relevant lead information into Salesforce in a timely manner
- Contribute to & create content for B2B marketing campaigns
- Become a subject-matter expert on Jopwells services, offerings, & community
- 1-2 years of relevant sales or business development experience, professional or internship
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Effective organization & prioritization skills
- Willingness to learn & grow in a start-up environment
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRMs a plus
- Experience cold-calling or cold-emailing a plus
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Equity - every employee is an owner!
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- 401(k) Contribution Plan
- Medical, Vision, & Dental Insurance
- Commuter benefits - WageWorks & MetroCard monthly subsidy
- Apple laptop computer
- Monthly Social Events
- Free snacks & coffee
Jopwell is currently a team of 50 full-time employees based in NYC. Weve secured $12M in venture funding since our inception in 2015, including investments from Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Cue Ball Capital, Kapor Capital, Omidyar Network, & Magic Johnson Enterprises.
Weve also been featured extensively by both print & digital publications, including, amongst others Forbes, Inc Magazine, & NBC. Fast Company hailed us as one of the most innovative enterprise companies of 2017 & Entrepreneur included Jopwell on their list of the top 100 brilliant ideas of 2017. Forbes Magazine, LinkedIn, & Fast Company also distinguished our co-founders as 30 Under 30 award recipients.
Jopwell is an equal opportunity employer. Jopwell will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics & genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state & local laws.