Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
Rent the Runway is seeking a Sr. Manager of Operations to oversee management departments within the Arlington, TX Distribution of Rent The Runway. The candidate will be responsible for the execution of multiple departments & ensure that Safety, Quality, Service & Cost targets are met. The candidate should champion continuous improvement efforts that meet the Companys short & long-term growth efforts as it acquires more consumers. The Sr. Manager is an innovative leader that can drive sustainable growth & change through their departments & ensure top priorities are being focused on to meet department goals. The Sr Manager is expected to lead their team through challenging situations & achieve all goals & metrics along the way.
What Youll Do:
- Be a leader of leaders. Inspire a can do attitude & high bar of performance for your teams
- Develop a culture of safety by leading, maintaining & enforcing safety guidelines, facility cleanliness & security standards
- Actively seek, design, implement & manage continuous improvement projects for the organization & drive discontinuous solutions for their teams & departments
- Drive strategic & out of the box thinking for departments in order to achieve variable commitments to the business
- Build high performing teams & create programs/plans to improve all metrics across departments
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees in our fulfillment center to provide feedback, drive change within the facility, adapt to the ever-changing business, & stay focused on the customer experience
- Preparation of daily/weekly reports for the senior management team.
- Partner with cross functional teams & leaders to drive network wide changes
- Seek to improve both the operation & the business. Bring an eye for general improvements across the business & be willing to take on challenges outside of your direct role
- Be a leader of change
- Support managers in making real time operational adjustments across the business
- B.S. degree in business administration, manufacturing, supply chain or related field; MBA is a plus
- 6 to 12 years of related experience working in a retail management, warehouse, fulfillment center or quality assurance capacity
- 5 to 7 years experience leading & developing people & teams
- Experience with Kaizen & Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Experience managing a budget
- Leader of leaders
- Capable of making decisions independently
- Have a positive, can-do attitude & excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written & verbal communication; bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Strong planning & organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software, powerpoint/slides) as well as the ability to operate warehouse tools (eg. scanner, ladder, warehouse software)
- Forward-thinkers with the ability to articulate point of view & improve processes
- Ability to quickly recognize, diagnose & solve for challenges & workflow for associates
- Must operate with a sense of urgency & have attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs based on needs of the role
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights & weekends as business dictates
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.