At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About The Role
In this role, you will be focused on the build out & expansion of our global network. You'll work closely with CloudFlares SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) team, & with various vendors & partners (including hardware vendors, datacenter & network providers, & ISPs) to maintain & improve our global infrastructure, & to plan & aggressively execute on the expansion of our network. You will further be responsible for the development & implementation of consistent processes & visibility measurements for consistent & effective management of our infrastructure. This is a highly visible position that requires deep technical understanding of datacenter infrastructure, networking (physical), & basic experience with data analysis & project management.
To be successful in this position, you should have excellent technical skills, communication skills, & be able to navigate a range of challenges & constraints (e.g. schedule adherence, time zones, & cultures). You will have the opportunity to (literally) build a faster, safer Internet for our millions of users & the billions of web surfers that visit their sites each month.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Collaborating with internal teams (infrastructure, network engineering & SRE). Create documentation & manage remote contractors to complete datacenter installations & upgrades, including hardware manufacturers, datacenter & network providers, logistics partners & other service providers in support of our 120 & growing datacenter locations
- Build rack elevations, & work with remote contractors to rack & cable infrastructure globally
- Coordinate installation of cross-connects globally in support of physical network expansion
- Assist with the definition, documentation & implementation of consistent processes across all regions
- Aggressively seek opportunities to introduce cutting-edge technology & automation solutions that are effective, efficient & scalable in order to improve our ability to deploy & maintain our global infrastructure
- Limited travel
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- Bachelors degree; technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus.
- Direct experience executing on datacenter / infrastructure projects with many moving parts.
- Previous experience installing / maintaining datacenter (and other IT) infrastructure & DCIM tools.
- Experience running & improving operational processes in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, problem-solving skills, attention to detail, & interpersonal skills.
- Must be proactive with proven ability to learn fast & execute on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to manage MS excel & Google spreadsheets
- Comfortable handling basic program management responsibilities (prioritization, planning, scheduling, status reporting) such as JIRA
- Experience managing remote contractors
- Multi-lingual; experience working with infrastructure in multiple countries
- Ability to write scripts for internal tool
What Makes Us Special
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities & effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.