Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The Senior Regional Admissions Director (Sr.RAD or SRAD) a key senior-leader in the global Admissions organization, this role is critical to General Assemblys ongoing success & growth, as well as the success & growth of our students. Success in this role requires combining on-the-ground sales skills, including coaching, training & development, with analytical skills such as forecasting, & excellent communication skills to report on progress & manage internal stakeholders including local, regional & headquarters management.
- Full ownership of end-to-end admissions performance for a significant, diverse team of inside salespeople within the admissions organization, representing an average of $20m in annual revenue (varying based on complexity & count of countries, etc.)
- This role will directly manage Admissions Producers (Senior, & Senior Level II), a Regional Admissions Director, and/or an Admissions Manager (depending on size, complexity, & needs of the team). This role will report directly to the VP of Admissions.
- Supports Global/Regional Admissions Trainings (Sales topics/strategy, SFDC, unique topics, i.e. women in tech, process changes, product launches, etc.)
- Represents Global Admissions in key decisions, committees, & working sessions as relates to our processes & interactions with systems, departments, products & teams. (Examples: Marketing Campaigns, New program launches (Training), Pre-work/Product adjustments, DEI initiatives, etc.)
- Helps support AP teams during any periods of RAD short staffing.
- Supports the documentation & compliance of admissions strategic SFDC use (AP & RAD) & serves as part of a unified global front for the way we view, assess, & communicate about our business.
- Supports development & maintenance of ongoing Competitor Analysis.
- Supports creation & maintenance of usable dashboards & BI tools within admissions.
- Supports resolution of day-to-day issues related to SFDC, lead routing, AP global concerns, etc.
- Unique duties as assigned by VP of Global Admissions.
- Minimum 12 months in Regional Admissions Director role or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven ability to drive sales process from start to finish.
- Ability to manage multiple projects & work to tight deadlines.
- Experience coaching & developing diverse sales teams in target driven environments.
- Shown mentorship of others & support of peers through training, resources, & collaboration.
- Shown ability to work autonomously & navigate complicated political situations with diplomacy & political savvy.
- Makes decisions that align with global admissions vision, goals & structure.
- Partner closely with VP Admissions/GDoA on projects & raises hand for additional assignments outside of Senior Regional Admissions Director job scope or duties.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, digest, & use data to make informed organizational decisions.
- 5 years of progressive sales experience preferred.
- 2 years of people management experience preferred, including time spent coaching & developing direct reports.
- Ability to prepare reports & present analytical insights using CRM tools.
The Senior Regional Admissions Director role requires the existing competency set developed in the Regional Admissions Director role, in addition the the following:
- Decision Quality Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, & judgment; most of his/her solutions & suggestions turn out to be correct & accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice & solutions.
- Innovation Management Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market; has good judgment about which creative ideas & suggestions will work; has a sense about managing the creative process of others; can facilitate effective brainstorming; can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
- Business Acumen Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current & possible future policies, practices, trends, & information affecting his/her business & organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies & tactics work in the marketplace.
Organizational Agility; understands the cultures of organizations.Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels & the informal network; understands the origin & reasoning behind key policies, practices, & procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.