Genius is searching for an intern to support our growing ad sales business. This position will entail pre & post-sale responsibilities & will provide exposure to the entire sales cycle including Sales, Ad Operations, Media Planning, Paid Social & Account Management.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, & the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com & everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, & more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, & the biggest names in musicincluding Frank Ocean, Lorde, & Cardi Bcome to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Monitor industry news, emerging trends, competitive landscape & partnerships
- Conduct competitive analysis of competitor sites, videos, apps & newsletters
- Support platform & campaign development through editorial & competitive research
- Audit & rethink sales collateral while assisting with sales collateral creation
- Draw insights from proprietary Genius data to enhance pitches & content strategy
- Participate in marketing brainstorming effortsparticularly for signature platformsand case study development
- Assist Ad Operations with spec sheet updates & product deck adjustments
- Assist Account Management with activations/events & Wrap Decks
- Build & manage a branded social calendar & all branded social posts
- Catalog & systemize internal sales resources
- Assist with meeting prep: screenshots, desk research, competitive landscape
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Junior or Senior student majoring in social media, communications, marketing, or advertising
- Passion for marketing, creativity, content development & music
- Resourceful problem-solving skills, comfortable working autonomously & figuring things out on your own
- Perceptive in thinking through next steps before taking action, in an effort to understand & appropriately deal with various cross-team personalities, goals, & priorities
- Experience with Excel & Keynote or Slides
- Strong written/verbal communication skills, attention to detail, & ability to multitask
- Previous professional media experience