SquareFoot is building the commercial real estate company for the 21st century, bringing technology & transparency to an industry that's historically had neither. Weve already helped more than 1,000 clients find the right office space for their organizations & we are just getting started. If youre looking to make an impact on a multi trillion dollar industry - & do it in New York City, the largest commercial real estate market in the world - now is the time to get involved.
We are looking to add a sales manager to our real estate team. This is a management & coaching role - once youve learned our proprietary tech & the ins & outs of the commercial real estate market, youll take charge leading & coaching a team of brokers. Our platform will provide you & your team with qualified leads so that you can focus on what you do best: owning a team sales target & overachieving against it!
As a Sales Manager you are a natural leader who knows how to motivate & maintain a high performing team while being positive & enthusiastic. You have a strong track record of exceeding results & iterating to improve. It truly excites you to grow a business & solve real problems.
What Youll Do
- Lead a team of 4-8 brokers to achieve quarterly revenue goals
- Train, teach, & grow our brokers, providing a solid foundation for their success & building valuable management experience for yours
- Install a successful, repeatable sales process for the team & manage against it with an equally successful & repeatable management cadence
- Contribute to the development of an onboarding & training process for brokers that stresses domain knowledge, an understanding of client pain points & a solid foundation in sales process & methodology
- Be hands on - join your team members on client calls, accompany team members & clients on available space tours in NYC, etc.
- Help negotiate offer letters & facilitate the closing process on behalf of clients
- Support your team in effectively managing the clients expectations throughout the entire process
- Delegate incoming interest & individual account loads to maximize closure rates, customer retention & revenues
- Relay challenges & bring innovative ideas & solutions to management (local sales or ops, business development, or marketing) about ways to improve performance, generate new business leads, insure success of all stakeholders, etc.
- Learn the unique Squarefoot customer experience process & help us continue to improve it
- Work directly with our technical team to develop amazing new search & touring products
- Work with sales leadership to generate ideas for sales contests & motivational initiatives
Who You Are
- Team player, ready to help team members grow in their roles to hit quarterly revenue numbers
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a sales representative role
- 2+ years experience managing a team of high velocity salespeople (~30 day sales cycle) in a technology or services business
- Commercial real estate experience is a big plus, but not a requirement
- Familiarity with data analysts & reporting - you know Excel forward & back
- You value & prefer working in a diverse workplace that provides equal opportunities regardless of background or orientation
- Passionate about building lasting relationships & offering exceptional service to your clients at each stage of their company growth
What Youll Get:
- Challenging & empowering workplace environment
- The ability to work in a fast growing startup that can jumpstart your career development
- Excellent benefits that include competitive health care, 401k, & commuter benefits
- The opportunity to join an incredible office culture with Book Club, Wine Nights, Volunteering Opportunities, & more
Squarefoot is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.