Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home & our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, weve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees & days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank & others have invested over $85MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better Opportunity:
Better is looking for an experienced Manager, with a strong background in marketing and/or finance to trade our rate table acquisition business. Working in parallel to other acquisition managers, you will collaborate on & grow all aspects of our acquisition of customers through demand aggregators commonly known as rate tables .
As Better's Director of Marketing Analysis focusing on our rate tables, you will be focused on A.) managing our strategic marketing partnerships with rate tables, & B.) coordinating rate-table initiatives with cross-functional teams across the company such as product, engineering, strategy & creative. You will be responsible for not only, bringing customers in, but also partnering strategically with the rest of the org to make sure that these customers receive the right sales messaging, contact points, & product experience at the top of the funnel to successfully fund a loan with Better & walk away a brand advocate.
As a Director overseeing a small group of Rate Tables Analysts, you will work closely with those analysts to identify & onboard new partners with a focus on partnerships that expose Better to new audiences, while also exploring new partnerships to provide other customers with additional services that could support their homeownership journey. Youll be responsible for our positions on these tables & managing development of our rate table trading API.
In addition to managing the team of analysts, youll continually assess performance to find opportunities for optimizations & identify issues. Youll be responsible for working across teams to implement improvements, & will report on performance to the executive sponsor of rate tables (currently the Chief Economist & Head of Pricing).
This ideal candidate will need to be collaborative, analytical, a strong communicator, & share a commitment to helping more people access affordable home financing.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with Executive leadership
- Run meetings & coordinate group/business-wide efforts
- Direct rate-table positioning
- Conduct or request most appropriate research on market, competition & trends - pain points & opportunities for growth
- Develop, execute & manage roadmap of rate table/leads-buying business for Better
You are obsessive about performance, evaluating performance using data, & passionate about getting things done in concert with other groups. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of leadership, management, & executing on projects under short timelines.
This person will be part of a high-performing team in a fast-paced environment & will interact with people of all levels across departments, including direct collaboration with the CMO & Head of pricing. Theyll have the know-how to exercise discretion & professionalism while paying close attention to detail.
- 4 - 7 years in marketing or finance roles
- Leadership experience
- Strong analytical foundation
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Extremely organized & detail oriented
- Empathy for customers
- Team player
- Strong intellectual curiosity
Bonus points for:
- Experience in leads buying
- Experience in fintech or other start-up environments
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Project Management experience
- SQL & coding skills
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.Bonus points for
- Previous experience writing industry-specific content in a user-friendly way
- Previous experience in start-up environments
- Familiarity with HTML & CSS