Oscar is looking for a Manager, Design Operations to join our Brand team. The person who will win us over thinks two steps ahead, already spotted the speling error, & is always cool as a cucumber.
About the Role:
As our Manager of Design Operations, you will help build a thriving creative culture through daily operations. You will manage projects at all stagesfrom conception to completion. You will lead a cross-discipline team, improve our pipeline of work, engage partners, manage external talent, & create opportunities for our group to grow closer as a team. You will have experience as a project manager, an interest in brand building, & a close connection to the design industry.
You will be most exciting to those that are as empathetic as they are eager to achieve work that we can all be proud ofon time & within budget. We are an inclusive team energized by feedback & experimentation. You will have the freedom to get messy, get better, & always learn from one another.
You will report to our Director, Design Operations in the New York office.
DESIGN @ OSCAR
We are building a new team to focus on Oscars brand experience. As a team, we examine the entire customer journey & consider the design of systems to be as important as the artifacts we make. Our practice is human-centered, our work is rooted in empathy & research, & we lead by example.
We are the heart of our brand & empower everyone within Oscar to grow it.
- Establish project plans & ensure the team & partners are aware of essential milestone dates & communicate issues.
- Manage project timelines, including scoping, kickoffs, schedules, milestones, risk, budget, team member communications & delivery.
- Prepare debriefs at the end of each project cycleidentify & recommend improvements to internal processes including how to better measure the impact.
- Organize relationships between teams, moving the process forward, finding resources, raising concerns to appropriate owners early, & resolving open issues that prevent progress.
- Lead daily brand team operations by working with Brand leadership to manage schedules & maintain the pipeline of projects.
- Lead team crit schedules & meetings.
- Manage hiring efforts, including team onboarding & managing contract workforce.
- Identify, vet & onboard efficiency tools for collaboration.
- Manage & expand vendor matrix & ongoing order process across
- Direct Mail
- Be the brand representative for quality across produced materials.
- Primary lead on OE campaign development across all lines of business.
- Primary owner of all brand team project budgets & partner with brand & marcomms leadership on managing yearly production budgets.
- 6+ years of corporate or agency experience
- 3+ years in similar role within recognized companies
- Experience working on integrated marketing & advertising campaigns including digital, social, broadcast, radio, OOH, direct mail, & collateral deliverables
- Passion for the work
- Familiarity with design industry & best practices
- Be inspired by innovation & creativity
Life at Oscar
Our more than 1,000 employees aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all. We apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.