Were looking for a Director, Brand Partnerships to join our Ad Sales team, within Group Nine Media! As a member of the Ad Sales department, you will be part of a best in class team that propels revenue growth across the portfolio of Group Nine Media brands. Your expertise in the digital marketplace, specifically pharma, will increase unique, first-to-market, culturally relevant, insights driven client solutions for our brand partners. Youll be based in our New York office & report to the Vice President of Brand Partnerships.
The Director, Brand Partnerships will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nines values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close & Win Together. We are looking for a passionate seller with a proven record of both acquiring new business & building/maintaining client relationships.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Responsible for revenue goals which include developing (up-selling & servicing) existing business as well as generating new business accounts & growth across all brands
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day responsibilities with agencies & clients
- Providing strategic market expertise & POV to internal sales support departments
- Look for opportunities to develop monetizable solutions within the market for clients, & ensure clients receive superior customer service & campaign results
- Understand the client needs around initiatives & develop solutions that meet these needs to accelerate the win rate in ad sales business
- Be fluent in portfolio opportunities, collaborating across verticals to increase revenue wins for our established accounts
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Quarterly revenue dollars have exceeded goals
- There is no such thing as a problem you cant solve. By having your finger on the pulse & leverage market knowledge, you are able to offer creative solutions that clients cant get anywhere else
- Pipeline is your lifeline! You live & breathe relationship building & management. Agencies & clients think of you as a strategic partner.
- Minimum of 6 years of sales media experience
- 2+ years of experience within the pharmaceutical category
- Bachelors degree in Marketing or Business preferred
- Willingness to travel as necessary (when appropriate)
- Must be willing to work in New York City
NICE TO HAVES: (OPTIONAL SECTION)
- Experience selling Pharma / Med space category (agency & client relationship)
- Executive presence, presentation, & storytelling
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Be a thoughtful contributor at marketing & content meetings & provide input for strategic business projects & long-term strategic planning
- Ability to establish trust & credibility with agency leaders & client partners
- Excellent verbal & written communication, interpersonal, organizational, & multi-tasking skills
- Strong client-support orientation, & the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ideally have worked in a creative, media, fast-paced industry
- Project & process management skills demonstrated a track record of delivering results
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven influencer, demonstrated ability to win new business & maintain accounts through various sales cycles
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.