Symphony is looking for a Solutions Architect to work in their New York office. As the primary technical resource during the implementation phases, you will be responsible for actively driving & managing the technology evaluation & implementation stages once a sale is complete, working as the key technical advisor & product advocate for our products. You must be able to articulate technology & product positioning to both business & technical users. The role encompasses a post-sales product & user on-boarding element & may involve some pre-sales engagement with the Sales Engineering team. The Solutions Architect will be responsible for implementing our services & acting as a consultant during the integration process. In addition, the solutions architect must be able to identify any technical issues of assigned accounts to ensure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the on-boarding processes. The successful candidate must be able to establish & maintain strong relationships throughout the post-sales cycle & will work closely with the Sales Engineering Team as well as the Technical Support Teams & Helpdesks.
- Responsible for development & delivery of technical presentations to customers & internal associates.
- May be required to respond to functional & technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Gather customer requirements for Product Management & Support teams
- Consult with customer technical teams to gather technical requirements during implementation & integration phases
- Project manage Symphony Services implementations from initial on-boarding to hand over to Community Specialist & Support Teams this includes hand on support of client technical teams during on-premise installations
- Assist in product testing & research
- Provide reporting on implementation activities, customer initiatives, & product requirements
- Contribute technical documentation & content as needed for services & products
- Working knowledge of corporate network infrastructure topology & protocols including firewall configuration, DNS management, network routing & IP connectivity
- Understanding of SAML specification to support client based Single Sign On (SSO)
- Knowledge of Compliance platforms including Actiance, Global Relay, HP Autonomy, Smarsh etc.
- RHEL, Java App servers (Tomcat, GlassFish, Jetty)
- SSL Certificate management
- DNS, VPN (configuring)
- Basic understanding of security models
- Very good problem solving skills
Symphony transforms the way users communicate effectively & securely with a single workflow application. Forging a new path in the industry, Symphony is designed to help individuals, teams & organizations of all sizes improve productivity, while meeting complex data security & regulatory compliance needs. Symphony was founded in October 2014 & is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, with offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Stockholm, Sophia-Antipolis & London.
Symphony has raised roughly $300 million from the worlds largest financial institutions & recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Socit Gnrale as well as Google.
Were looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills & savvy to work with a world-class team & an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS AND PERKS: vary based on location
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition & is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symphony participates in E-Verify.