Recipe for Success-
The primary responsibility of Seafood Order Readiness Assistant:
- Processing (Slicing packing + labeling)
- QA raw & finished materials
- Safe Food Practices specific to department
- Picking food products & packing in boats, totes & boxes
- Scanning labels on packages, loading packaging machines with boats, & labeling packages with printed labels
- Spotting check packages emerging from machinery for correct labeling
- Assisting in shut down procedures
Key ingredients –
Must embody & demonstrate company values & culture:
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday & Sunday)
- Must be able to start overnight or early morning hours
- Comfortable & able to work an 8-12-hour shift (hours per day are based on business need)
- Experience in a related field is a plus
- Must be required to lift a minimum of 50lbs
Add dash of –
- Ability to apply knowledge of processes involved, production methods, & products to the nuances of everyday operation
- Ability to clearly communicate in English. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
- Ability to work in climate of 20-38 degrees
- Ability to perform twisting, turning & bending
- Able to stand for long period of times
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, & the District of Columbia. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest & best-tasting meat, fish, produce, & specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, & farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of food, alcohol, and essentials—all delivered in as little as an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Bronx, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves, & works extensively with dozens of charitable & community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career & feed your future & have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits & we go above & beyond!
Wait, there’s more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you’d imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, & a whole lot of happy hours.
- Flexible & generous PTO plan
- 20% discount on FreshDirect & FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
- Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, & other happy hours
- Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, & Zumba, & monthly manicures & massages
- Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like “The Very Best Cheese & Wine”
- We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back & forth to the subway
- We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
- Summer barbecues & annual company picnic for friends & family
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect - https://tinyurl.com/Life-FreshDirect
Learn more @FreshDirect on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature & level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, & skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified & meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job