At White Ops, were all hackers. This doesnt mean you have to hold a key to the internet (although one of our founders does!), but it does require approaching problems in unconventional ways. We are attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects & prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the internet a better place. Our mighty team of humans have several things in common:
We are hackers.
We create tau for ourselves & each other.
We think big & move fast.
We practice humility.
We pwn it.
What we do:
We keep the internet safe by fighting organized cybercrime. Our products accurately detect & prevent even the most sophisticated bots & our customers include some of the web's largest & most forward-thinking companies.
Our team of engineers is friendly, curious, driven, & highly collaborative. We support one another & regularly hold code reviews to facilitate learning & reduce friction during our 2-week releases. We strive for clean & readable code. Our engineers also work closely with other teams in the company, including creative, product, & customer support.
The Data Intelligence team is responsible for surfacing useful insights from the terabytes of data we amass every day. We value ethics, experimentation, efficiency, & intellectual curiosity . We are looking for someone who will compliment the team to accelerate the development & delivery of data intelligence.
What you'll do:
- Identify impactful detection leads that increase velocity from time of threat identification to implementation of detection/blocking in White Ops products
- Deploy stop-gap defenses for emerging threats through the development of analyses, models, algorithms, & dashboards
- Create complex queries & reports to analyze historical data, including use of techniques such as: subqueries, temp tables, complex joins, variables
- Lead the design & architecture of data models & dashboards used to present key information to detection & customer success teams
- Facilitate Detection Research process responsible for triaging customer & internal inquiries about fraud efficacy
- Implement best practices & tooling that will improve the time to understand a new detection lead & process it
- Assist in research for case studies & white papers on fraud patterns
- Create detailed documentation of models, algorithms, & analyses to create transparency & audibility of work
Who you are:
- You have a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to do things better, faster, & leaner; you hold yourself accountable for the quality & accuracy of your work
- You look to find new & innovative ways to solve complex problems through rigorous experimentation & application of emerging technologies
- You are open & transparent & work in tight collaboration with other team members on data projects & cross-departmentally across the rest of White Ops
- You are communicative & go out of your way to support your team
- and understand the importance
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience working with multi TB to PB data sets in cloud databases
- Experience working with both structured & unstructured data sets
- Experience improving processes & implementing tooling to accelerate analysis
- Python experience or exposure preferred
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, & creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, & we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
About White Ops:
Our mission is to protect the internet by verifying the humanity of every online transaction. Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, we now serve trillions of monthly decisions for some of the webs largest platforms. Our technology protects digital advertisers, publishers, ad tech, & enterprise businesses globally by detecting & blocking bots. Its an ongoing war that we happily fight every day.
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is centrally located in NYC in the heart of the Flatiron District. We had approximately 100% headcount growth in the past year & we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, & career growth. We are doing meaningful work & we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor & Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, & London.
We have many world class customers who use our platform We're focused & propelled by a substantive mission We're building a very sophisticated product that fights a real threat to humanity We're committed to building a product companies need We have created an environment that optimizes your skills & brings out your best work.