Do you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment? Are you super organized & detail-oriented & love a good game of calendar Tetris? Does converting a sourced lead into an engaged candidate make you feel great? If so, read on!
CIC is looking for an ambitious, early career professional interested in being a part of our growing Talent Acquisition Team. This is a great opportunity for someone with one to two years of professional work experience in recruiting or a role with administrative functions.
CIC is a global leader in building & operating innovation communities. Founded in 1999 in Cambridge, MA, CIC is one of the first companies to offer flexible office space & coworking options, providing a platform for the world's most impactful entrepreneurs to innovate better & faster.
We have locations in Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Providence, Rotterdam, St. Louis, Warsaw, & Tokyo & are growing into other cities, within the US & abroad. CIC has supported over 6,000 startups, growth companies, & branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, & non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries.
CIC co-founded a number of mission-aligned organizations including Venture Caf, CIC's primary non-profit programming partner, & CIC Health, offering COVID-19 testing services to companies & the public.
We invite you to explore all our openings & learn more about our teams here
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WORK
Potential responsibilities include:
• Supporting a portfolio of complex search processes, from start to finish: reviewing resumes, scheduling interviews & candidate visits, answering follow-up questions, & engaging with candidates in-person, & over email & video conferencing platforms.
• Engaging in sourcing & networking efforts to generate pipelines of strong candidates for your portfolio of searches. This can include posting positions, using social media channels, & designing strategic outreach campaigns to build the buzz.
• Assisting with the creation & editing of job descriptions.
• Providing a positive experience to candidates throughout the entire search process, which can be through various methods of communication & during in person visits.
• Contributing to the strengthening of the team's systems, tools, & processes & taking on more responsibility over time.
• Serving as a supporting member of the Talent Acquisition Team by managing various projects related to the core functions of the team & supporting other team members in their efforts.
• Supporting the work flows of CIC's Director of Talent Acquisition, Talent Acquisition Leads, & external talent contractors to allow them to optimize their effectiveness.
• Maintaining an organized interview calendar while determining priorities, working with the schedules of other team members, juggling professional commitments, & adapting to last-minute changes.
If you are an articulate, ethical individual who thinks critically, understands the nuances of effective & gracious communication, & is interested in a career supporting the Talent Acquisition function for a growing global organization, this role might be the perfect fit.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
• Capable of independently supporting hiring processes while also communicating effectively with colleagues in a highly-collaborative environment.
• Exceptionally organized & skilled at coordination, & exhilarated by solving scheduling & process challenges.
• Able to balance an array of administrative tasks while playing back-up to the responsibilities of more senior members of the team.
• Curious & excited to learn the world of recruiting at CIC.
• Comfortable asking for help when faced with uncertain situations.
• Committed to work that they consider mission” based, & able to see their work as an opportunity to make a powerful contribution to a larger effort.
• Enthusiastic about building relationships with candidates & guiding them graciously through the interview process.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
• A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• At least 1-2 years of professional experience in recruiting or recruiting administrative support work, including interview scheduling for complicated calendars.
• Experience in the external sourcing of candidates.
• Experience or familiarity with ATS applications.
• Proficiency in multiple languages is a plus.
As of August 2021, a condition of employment for all new CIC employees in Massachusetts is full COVID-19 vaccination. More details will be shared during the interview process & we can answer questions at that point if you have any.
If you don't meet all the requirements or qualifications but bring some other unique skills & experience that would be valuable in this role, please apply & highlight those attributes for us in your cover letter.
• Starting compensation is commensurate with experience.
• 100% company paid premium healthcare & dental benefits.
• 100% company paid long & short-term disability, & life insurance.
• 401k (must be 21+) with percentage match.
• Two weeks vacation from the start (more with seniority), plus thirteen paid holidays.
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy & supported. Some of the benefits of being here include:
• Fun people in a dynamic space
. We pride ourselves on finding driven & bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
• Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn & develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company.
• Access to a nursing room, secure bicycle parking, a maker space, a gym, shower rooms with towels, & discounted services & memberships on tools to make your life happier/healthier such as gym memberships, tech & design support, hotel stays, & other fantastic options.
• Central location. CIC Cambridge is a stone's throw from the Kendall Square MBTA Red Line stop. CIC Boston is centrally located in downtown Boston & is within walking distance to the Blue, Green, Orange, & Red line.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer & consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know.