KATERRA is a technology company transforming property development, design, & constructionfrom start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, & construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design & build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainablewe can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences.
Sr. Electrical Detailer Building Products
This Sr. Electrical Detailer will develop drawings, bill of materials, & other details to achieve high Level of Development (LOD450/500) documents & installation sets for KATERRA building products. These products shall incorporate leading edge infrastructure technology & developed to facilitate high degrees of manufacturing (i.e. prefabrication), constructability, & cost efficiency. The perfect candidate will also have strong communication skills & most importantly be driven to challenge typical approaches.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Sr. Electrical Detailer will be a member of KATERRA's Building Product Engineering team. His/her responsibility will include, but is not limited to:
- Develop LOD450/500 installation & prefabrication drawings, specific part selection, & bills of materials for electrical systems based on Bring Permit level (LOD200) drawings.
- Coordinate with Modelers to capture detailing information into BIM models & sheet sets.
- Coordinate with electrical engineers & designers to optimize engineering approaches, device layout, system sizing, schedules, etc.
- Coordinate with internal teams including supply chain, construction, manufacturing, & product leads to produce detailing outputs that are cost, constructability & manufacturability driven.
- Support the design of prefabricated assemblies for electrical systems.
- Coordinate with other MEPF detailers to develop high quality building products.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of experience in electrical detailing at a US contractor
- 3+ years of experience as installer, manufacturer, or distributor of electrical construction systems or system components.
- 2+ years of experience as a detailer or installer on commercial buildings, residential or mixed-used buildings.
- 2+ years of experience as a detailer or installer on mission-critical facilities (i.e. data centers), industrial plants, or health-care facilities.
- Proven part/catalog knowledge associated with major electrical equipment/device suppliers.
- Advanced knowledge & active experience in all the following tools: AutoCAD, AutoCAD Revit, & Bluebeam
- Functional knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Proven experience performing detailing or installation in 2+ USA States.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 2+ year of experience performing cost-estimates/takeoffs pre or post engineering for electrical construction projects.
- Proven experience performing detailing for Fire Protection or Low Voltage systems.
- Knowledge of Accubid or similar tools.
Seattle, WA primarily
May consider strong candidates in San Francisco, CA or Atlanta, GA
Fluctuates (10% expected). Domestic travel.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.