* This is a fall co-op internship based in New York City. Latch does not provide housing or a relocation stipend for interns. Additionally, this intern must be able to commit to working either part-time or full-time over the semester; 20 - 40 hours/week. *
Latch is hiring a UX Research Intern for the Fall 2019 semester, to work with product managers & designers to conduct user research. This will include planning studies, running study sessions, analyzing & reporting on findings. This intern must have an understanding of the strengths & weaknesses of various research methodologies & when to apply them.
Smart access isnt about locking doors, its about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the worlds first fully-integrated hardware & software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. Were looking for the curious & the creative to join our team & help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Work with product managers & designers to determine research needs
- Proactively identify product knowledge gaps
- Identify the best methods to answer research questions
- Create study plans & study scripts
- Recruit study participants
- Run research studies in conjunction with researchers, product managers, & designers
- Take research detailed research notes
- Analyze & communicate study findings to the appropriate stakeholders
- Current graduate or undergraduate student studying Human Factors, HCI, Design, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Communications, Marketing, Anthropology, Interaction Design or similar
- Available to work 20-40 hours a week in Latchs New York office
- Understanding of a variety of research methods
- Ability to communicate clearly & effectively with key stakeholders
- Ability to probe deeply into research requests to understand the underlying goals & decisions that need to be made based on the research initiative
- Nice to have: a solid foundational knowledge of statistical principles
Founded in 2013, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, & share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents & property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self-starters with unique backgrounds & unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, & the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, & fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards & Penn Station in New York City.