The Role You'll Play:
CB Insights Intelligence Unit (IU) is hiring an Editorial Intern to work closely with the Editorial team on copyediting, fact checking, producing, promoting, & writing our tech & strategy-focused research.
While the internship will be editing-focused, interns will have the opportunity to experience a bit of everything that goes on in the office, & learn more about the technologies, industries, & career paths that most interest them. Duties will include editorial responsibilities ranging from editing & fact-checking to pitching ideas & updating content & team resources.
About the IU Team:
Working on the Intelligence Unit is like having a front row seat to the future. There is no team quite like ours anywhere, inside or outside of tech. IU offers a unique opportunity to both work at a well-established startup & spend the day analyzing the technologies, business models, companies, & market trends of tomorrow. Our analysts & editors come from diverse backgrounds spanning journalism, investment banking, VC, consulting, equity research, & more.
The Editorial team on the IU touches all of our content from major data-driven reports to our daily newsletters, read by 600,000+ subscribers to ensure our research is clear, compelling, accurate, & relevant to our readers. (We are also believers in the Oxford comma.)
Check out some of our recent content at https://www.cbinsights.com/research/.
Your Main Task:
This role will help drive best-in-class tech business research across a range of topics, from artificial intelligence & fintech to alternative proteins & the future of fashion.
- Line edit, copy edit, & fact check research briefs, reports, & decks
- Support research for our tech- & strategy-focused content
- Edit infographics for content, clarity, & visual consistency
- Update top-performing pieces
- Update team documentation, such as the CB Insights style guide
- Other projects as needed
- Excellent copyediting, fact checking, line editing, & writing skills
- Close attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for research & accuracy
- Strong grasp of numbers & data
- Unflappability in the face of shifting priorities & daily deadlines
- Ability to work in a collaborative, dynamic, & fast-paced environment
- Interest in learning about tech startups, venture capital, public markets, & business strategy
- Rising senior