BuzzFeed is looking for a self-sufficientassignment editor to partner between BuzzFeed.com lead editors & freelancers as we scale up our external contributors' group.This personwill have a network of writers & contacts in multiple content areas.
- Partner withteam leads to assess freelance needs in specific content areas
- Reach out to potential freelancers
- Onboard acquired freelancers
- Assign stories & field assignments from contributors
- Review & edit assignments
- Process invoices
- Provide feedback & act as the go-between for staff editors & contributors
- 2-4 years experienceas an editor fielding pitches
- Identify quality content vs. content that would not work for the site
- Relay feedback from BuzzFeed.com lead editors/staff back to freelancers
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed,we believeour work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on ateam that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth by work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO andunlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans,gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company, delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation,teamwork, inclusion,humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, youllwork collaboratively withinspiring colleagues to createtools, technology, & content that helps connect people all over the world.