See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Sr. Manager, Global Employee Relations on the HR Ops & Shared Services Team!
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia & Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism & all forms of oppression & bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, & we're looking for more builders, creators, & visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
As the Senior Manager of Global Employee Relations at Twilio, this individual will lead a cross-regional employee relations team focused on providing proactive (education & prevention) & reactive (conflict management & performance management) support & coaching across our business.
The primary objective of the Employee Relations team at Twilio is to ensure the treatment of every Twilion is fair, respectful, & consistent with our core values, or what we refer to as our Twilio Magic. We are a forward-thinking team that relies on our subject matter expertise & empathy to consistently improve Twilio.
This manager role requires an individual who has significant employee relations experience, deep subject matter expertise, & strong emotional intelligence, communication & interpersonal skills, enabling the individual to interact with employees at all levels of the organization. The individual must be able to perform with little supervision, have prior people management experience, & be comfortable working on a broad spectrum of employee relations issues, projects & initiatives.
In this role, youll:
- Manage the Global Employee Relations team of regional ER Specialists
- Guide & coach team regarding the effective & timely resolution of ER matters, including performance management, disciplinary actions, employee entitlements, & employee complaints
- Provide consultation, guidance, & support in all matters related to workplace issues.These matters include management coaching & training; policy development & interpretation; disability & leave accommodations.
- Oversee management, investigation & resolution of employee complaints, grievances & other workplace concerns in an efficient, effective & timely manner, including generating sufficient documentation to protect the company & communicating effectively with all interested parties
- Assist HRBPs with the assessment & review of performance management, including the editing, review & execution of performance advisories & performance improvement plans.
- Assist with the data reporting & analytics of ER cases for themes, trends & root causes to provide insights & recommendations for decision making & prevention of ER risk
- Partner with the VP of HR Shared Services for continuous transformation toward a shared services ER model
- Promote knowledge & understanding of company policy & of relevant employment laws through coaching, presentations, & training
- Evolve Employee Policy Manual, Guides & procedures
- Assist with the assessment of organizational changes
- Build relationships with key ER functional partners
- Lead ER project work & consultations related to the employee experience as needed
- Identify & offer solutions & initiatives regarding broader company policy & cultural issues, employee concerns, management & employee trends, & areas for managerial, workplace, performance management & general ER improvement.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, & we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor's Degree in HR Management, Employee/Industrial Relations, Business, Employment/Legal Studies
- Minimum 5+ years ER experience with 2-3 years in relevant experience leading others
- Demonstrated experience leading a wide variety of complex employee investigations across geographies with little or no supervision
- Excellent decision making, problem solving, critical thinking & root cause/analysis skills
- Demonstrated investigation & consultative skills
- High emotional intelligence & strong & leadership people skills
- Ability to work collaboratively, lead & influence at all levels within the organization, & make decisions while keeping relevant stakeholders informed
- Ability to position self as credible, proactive & a trusted thought-partner
- Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects with strong time management & prioritization skills
- Excellent communication & presentation skills, including verbal & written
- Role only open to US
- This role is fully remote with optional access to office (subject to location)
- Approximately 5-10% travel may be required
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $132,320 - $181,940.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidates starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, & geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilios equity plan & for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.