Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
Customer Experience lives & breathes our mission of empowering our customers to feel amazing. We've been called fit gurus, personal stylists, shipping virtuosos, & even fashion therapists. From styling advice to troubleshooting orders to offering a confidence boost when needed, we're ready to help with anything. Customer Experience is truly the heart of our business & have a major impact on our continued success. You will be working with a great team with supportive team leaders.
About the Job:
As a Team Lead at Rent the Runway, you will be responsible for leading a team that delivers exceptional customer experiences. Your primary focus will be motivating & managing a team of ~15 highly motivated & enthusiastic Customer Experience Associates, providing coaching & mentorship to exceed our service level goals. You will also be an expert on our internal systems, processes, & technology & actively assist associates to ensure timely resolution & consistency for customers. You should be comfortable on the frontlines with customers (phone, email, live chat) as well as working with leadership to escalate & resolve issues.
This is a great role for a leader who can motivate others to reach team & individual goals. Were looking for enthusiastic, confident leaders with strong interpersonal skills & a strong work ethic. In order to succeed in this role, your team needs to be successful as well.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team of Customer Experience Associates with a variety of experience, providing guidance, coaching, & consistent feedback
- Start your shift each day with your team, setting the expectations for the day & any updates
- Partner with other Team Leads across offices to maintain department KPIs for service levels & quality, drive consistency across all teams, & provide leadership with end of shift recaps
- Establish customer-first culture & be a point of escalation for customer issues while ensuring all compliance & company policies are being met
- Problem solve real-time, pivoting based on business & customer needs
- Maintain a pulse on ongoing learning opportunities & knowledge gaps on your team to ensure adequate training of all our associates
- Take part in the interview process for potential candidates
Who You Are:
- You are a Problem Solver. You are able to think quickly & make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a Communicator. You listen well & understand the needs of our customers & our business. You express your ideas clearly & communicate persuasively to produce positive results.
- You have Strong Integrity. You are honest & ethical in all interactions & uphold company values & policies.
- You are Dedicated. You are committed to providing a Cinderella Experience during each customer interaction.
- You are Empathetic. You are able to see situations from the customers perspective & provide the best solutions aligned with Rent the Runways core values.
What you need:
- 5+ years in a customer-centric role
- 2+ years of management experience
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Experience tracking metrics & working with data to drive results
- You approach work with a collaborative mindset & drive to help others succeed
- You have a proven track record of developing employees in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- You are passionate about building the brand through incredible customer experiences
- Shift: Saturday/Sunday 7am-6pm ET AND Monday/Tuesday 8:30am -7:30pm ET
Please note this is a remote role, however candidates must reside as permanent residents in one of the following states (international remote work is prohibited):
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $57,000 to $66,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held. This position is also eligible for equity compensation.