ACVs mission is to build & enable the most trusted & efficient digital marketplaces for buying & selling used vehicles with transparency & comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the worlds best people & the industrys best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit & rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company from day one. ACVs network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation & ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 & Data Services.
What will you do:
- Core responsibilities will be to i) analyze current ACV Transportation carrier metrics, ii) evaluate
whether a more strategic partnership or direct dispatch relationship is appropriate, & iii) work
with the team on any next steps to implement partnership operations
- Lead strategic sourcing initiatives including the development of comprehensive RFQs,
quantitative bid analysis, contract negotiations, & implementation.
- Negotiate & contract rates with high volume transport partners
- Throughout the process, collaborate with cross-functional leadership teams, set objectives, and
track/report progress to Management.
- Manage strategic partners by developing & monitoring key performance metrics
- Establish yourself as the main point of contact for any partner issues or escalations
- Lead partnership business review meetings on a regular basis
- Use Salesforce to track partnership touchpoints & performance discussions
- Update carrier information in internal databases including location, equipment type, lanes and
- Conduct benchmark/research activities to understand industry trends & best practices and
share with the transport team
- Assist the Carrier Manager in the identification & implementation of continuous improvement
and customer satisfaction opportunities
- Follow through on escalated issues to ensure timely proper resolution & provide continuous
communication to all parties involved
- Attend weekly one-on-ones with the Carrier Manager to evaluate personal metrics & team
What you should need:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field with 3+ years of experience OR 5+ years of related experience
in customer service & transportation, supply chain or logistics
- 3+ years of experience in a sales role
- A reliable self-starter attitude that can thrive in an entrepreneurial environment Ability to initially work from a remote home office
- The desire to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done; doing whatever it takes to delight a customer
- Problem-solving capability
- Able to navigate multiple departments remotely
- Comfort in talking to customers on the phone
- Team Player who willingly accepts change & continuous improvement
- A history of winning awards for being awesome in some way
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- A sense of urgency & self-motivation
- Familiar with business technology (Microsoft Office Suite), Google Suite & Salesforce a plus
What we will offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each & every Teammate.
- Career development & future growth opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed & empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance & understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.