We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Director, Talent Acquisition to lead our Talent Acquisition team.
Our Talent Acquisition team scales & grows the business by finding, attracting & hiring diverse, exceptional talent.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will design & lead inclusive & thoughtful recruitment processes that enable our company to develop a diverse pipeline of high-quality talent. Were looking for a leader with deep experience in high growth environments, who has the skills to build streamlined recruitment infrastructure at a rapidly growing business. As a strategic thought partner & trusted advisor, you will help leaders across the business grow & scale their teams. You will report into the VP, People & Culture.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for the position. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What You'll Do:
- Define what a best-in-class candidate experience looks like at Away, & design & refine the systems, tools & training to scale that vision across Away
- Develop & oversee an efficient hiring process that is fair & unbiased
- Identify, integrate & manage all recruiting-related vendors & tools that increase efficiency & experience for both candidates & hiring managers
- Lead & develop the talent acquisition team--serving as a coach & mentor--and oversee the hiring, development, performance & engagement of your team
- Develop & analyze our talent acquisition dashboard to identify trends & variances to inform processes & strategy
- Collaborate with leaders across the organization to understand the companys hiring needs in the short & long term
- Partner with FP&A, People Ops & hiring managers in headcount planning ensuring were thoughtfully considering organizational design & the right time horizon of our growing business as we open new roles
- Partner with the broader People team to ensure that recruitment processes positively impact employee engagement & promote a diverse & inclusive workplace
- Attract, source & screen applicants using a variety of techniques, including networking, social outreach & direct sourcing
- Manage a high number of open roles of varying levels across the organization
- Ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail & customer service to both internal clients & external candidates while working in a fast-paced environment
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in recruitment
- Experience working at a company that sells physical products & has a deep understanding of the direct-to-consumer business model
- Deeply understand that Aways success is driven by our people & will take pride in building the infrastructure that brings exceptional talent into our organization
- Pre-existing, strong & broad external network is a plus
- Exceptional discretion, judgment & critical thinking
- Strong organizational skills, high level of efficiency, & ability to manage operations with precision & consistent follow through
- Strong client-service orientation & relationship-building skills; comfort working with various types of people in different contexts
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have four weeks of PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous & inclusive parental leave, dependent care, commuter benefits, & reimbursements to incentivize you to work out.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups & inclusion training, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey & Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online & through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up & offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage & travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, & one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London & Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.