WHO WE ARE:
co:collective is a creative & strategic transformation partner for bold businesses. We're led by our deep belief that today's most successful organizations have an underlying purpose, one that is so central to their identity it influences everything they do, from how they show up in the world to how they organize internally.
At co: we design brands, experiences, organizations, culture & content for companies to transform who they are, how they act, & how they show up in the world.
co: is hiring a senior strategist for our fast growing practice, Organization & Culture Design. This role will be the right hand of our Head of Organization & Culture Design in helping shepherd the growth of the practice: designing IP, leading client engagements, identifying new business opportunities & generating thought leadership.
WHO YOU ARE:
We're looking for a provocative thinker - someone who is willing to challenge the status quo of how organizational & culture work is done in organizations. You are someone who is equally analytical & imaginative, with a passion for creativity & invention. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who brings prior consulting experience in the organization & culture design space.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
Practice growth & development
Working in partnership with the Head of Organization & Culture Design, this role will be pivotal in pushing the practice forward, staying on top of what's new & emerging in the Org & Culture Design landscape & supporting IP development & thought leadership. Specific responsibilities include:
- Leveraging and/or creating new frameworks, processes & approaches to organization & culture designDesigning custom products (workshops, engagements, etc.) for client work
- Contributing to thought leadership on innovative organization & culture design
- Working with the practice leader to determine which additional skillsets are needed on the team (including freelance & internships)
- Supporting recruiting & interviewing potential new team members
- Supporting, mentoring, & onboarding of new employees
The majority of your energy in this role (~80%) will go towards leading client business.
- Analyzing organizational systems to help clients identify opportunities for intervention & innovation
- Providing strategic advisement or direction on organization design & development
- Forming recommendations & delivering them in written/designed materials & presentations
- Growing & deepening meaningful relationships with clients & stakeholdersFacilitating meetings & workshops
- Designing materials for client workshops & sessions
- Coaching teams, leaders & executives
- Communicating complex ideas & information through visual design
- Developing & spreading new principles & practices inside client orgs
- Identifying & developing new business opportunities
- Assessing inbound opportunities to determine whether they are a fit for co:
- Supporting project scoping, including deliverables, resources & fees
- Developing original theory & sharing it through writing, speaking, & networking
WHAT YOU'VE DONE:
We're looking for candidates who have:
- 5-10 years of similar professional experience working in organization and/or culture design & transformation
- Designed & led consulting engagements focused on new ways of working & organizing across multiple large, complex organizations
- Strong coaching & facilitation skills
- Experience working with executive level teams
- Change leadership/change management training and/or competency
- Fluency in & commitment to principles & practices related to equity, diversity & inclusion
- A network of other OD thinkers & leaders
- Optional, but preferred: a masters in Organizational Psychology
- Worked under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership capacity, collaboration skills, & tenacity: we value an entrepreneurial spirit & willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
With great work, comes great reward. We are a community of brilliant, ambitious, creative people committed to creating an ever evolving progressive work environment. In addition to a salary commensurate with your experience, our perks include unlimited vacation, performance-based bonuses, open seating, a generous parental leave policy & free snacks.
Our team is working remote for 2020, but typically our team operates out of our Park Avenue office in NYC. You should be in New York or willing to relocate in 2021.