About Rent the Runway:
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
As an Operations Lead, you are playing the role of Operations Manager-in-Training. This role involves partnering with the Ops Manager on leading a team executing the daily inventory operations of a fast paced and ever changing business . You must be organized & team oriented to be part of this productive team. Do you think you have what it takes to dream big in our dream closet?
Enter our dream closet of
- exceptional customer experience
- endless opportunity to learn & grow with your team
- risk-taking, where trying new things & learning from mistakes are valued
- a positive work environment with outstanding teamwork, mutual respect & exceptional morale
- leading & understanding, implementing, & living Rent the Runways core values!
Do you have a passion for....
- forming genuine connections with customers to create a memorable experience that makes them want to come back?
- joining a disruptive retail environment where were always rewriting the rules?
- working together to achieve something better than what we can do individually?
- taking risks, trying new things & where learning from mistakes are valued - we are continuously improving?
- a positive & collaborative work environment that includes mutual respect & trust?
- Prioritize daily tasks with Operations Manager
- Proactively communicate to Ops Manager & DFC on all inventory related issues & changes required to improve overall efficiencies & customer service
- Supervise specialists on daily tasks
- Ensure completion of opening, mid-day & closing Operations checklist
- Participate in all training on SOPs & lead when necessary
- Support Customer Experience team during peak times at RTR Bar
- Working with the Operations Manager to ensure all SOPs are up-to-date
- Assist with any building maintenance & IT-related issues
- Process & verify inventory receipts & compare through system to validate for accuracy, note discrepancies with distribution center (DFC) or appropriate carrier
- Ensure all elements of a clean & organized stockroom, including but not limited to organization of dresses & accessories & other maintenance tasks
- Demonstrate knowledge of products & services
- Meet & interact with customers; demonstrate an enthusiastic & positive attitude
- Adhere to company policies & procedures
- Coaching & development of specialists while providing daily motivation of store team & demonstrating strong problem solving abilities, along with celebrating team successes
Inventory (Inbound, Outbound, Replenishment):
- Ensure all daily tasks are executed involving priority shipments in a timely manner
- Performing scheduled cycle counts in a timely manner; Investigate any inventory discrepancies, reconcile Aging report
- Maintain low levels of inventory deactivations through
- Pick, pack, & ship outbound courier orders following the Courier order SOP
- Manage flow of outbound orders through Doorman
- Ensure all inbound garments are inspected for any imperfections (wrinkles, creases, broken zipper, etc.), tag items correctly in our inventory management system (WMS) & send back to the warehouse following proper procedures
- Manage & assist with unloading inventory received from the distribution center (DFC) and/or other carriers & check incoming shipments for mishandling & discrepancies
- Manage & participate in the pick-up & drop off process in store
- 2 years experience in an inventory supervisory role
- Ability to carry 15-20 lbs up & down stairs
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask & prioritize
- Flexible schedule & ability to commit to a minimum of 45 hours per week including nights & weekends
- Training, interviewing, planning, organizational, & performance management skills.
- Technically savvy & proficient with MS Office; Outlook, Excel, Word
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to react to business trends & identify areas of opportunity.
- Proven track record in attendance & performance
- Dedicated to high level of client service & revenue productivity
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need