Oktas Universal Directory is a powerful foundation on which the rest of Okta products sits. The directory includes primitive & primitive management, as well as defining how downstream systems & services will handle authentication, authorization, & administration. We are looking for an experienced product manager with a platform product background who can also skillfully translate these concepts & narrate powerful customer stories end-to-end. You will partner closely with engineering, design, marketing, & other product teams to lead platformization & cross-product impact at Okta. You will be responsible for:
1 - Driving the roadmap for Universal Directory primitives: You own the roadmap for our UD Core team. You understand the nuances of objects stored within our directory, how they are organized & used, & how they *should* be organized & used.
2 - Understanding key customer requirements & integration use cases across Okta. This means collaborating across product teams, predicting future scenarios & needs ahead of others, & most importantly, being creative about various ways to handle customers needs. Because you own a platform product, the breadth of customer scenarios touched are much greater, & you must have the insight to foresee & predict the impact.
3 Executing on highly technical products. You collaborate with engineering & design to ship features that require a deep understanding of customers technical complexities. You have the ability to take these needs & creatively develop technical proposals to address them.
Major pluses for candidates with experience with directories, Microsoft, & Identity.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Roadmap & Vision
- Set product strategy & direction for our Universal Directory primitives
- Define the execution roadmap
- Evangelize vision to other product teams, engineering teams, sales team, & customers
Feature Delivery & Execution
- Work with your scrum team to deliver features on-time, on-target
- Regularly ship features that unlock key use cases
- Collaborate with design to spec experiences that delight customers
- Prioritize rigorously across a number of product investment areas
- Not afraid to get into the weeds to define features & experiences
- Engage with customers to deeply understand their challenges
- Understand challenges to deployment & usability of the Okta end to end products
- Stay close to customers during beta programs & ensure that feedback is incorporated into the product
- Work with technical marketing & sales to deeply understand the competitor landscape
- Keep your finger on the pulse of market changes & understand where trends are heading
Own the Product!
- Customer success focused thinking: always working to unblock sales & help customers through issues
- Responsive to supporting the field on critical asks & customer needs
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelors degree
- Experience across the product management lifecycle for enterprise products or services
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal & written)
- Strong leadership skills & presence
- Track record of successful delivery of company-critical projects
- 2+ years of industry experience. 5+ years of product management or related experience
- Knowledge in identity or access management
- Experience in leading platform products
- Experience with developing multi-tenant SaaS services
Meet the manager:
Tiffany Jung is the Director of Product Management for Directories (https://www.linkedin.com/in/tiffanyjung/) at Okta
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.