As a Geospatial Analyst on our Product & Engineering teams you will work closely with team members to directly aid in the creation & processing of geographic boundaries & service areas as Compass continues to expand its operations.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated with strong communication & organizational skills, & is comfortable learning new technical tools.
At Compass you will
- Manage & maintain the Compass spatial datasets & their metadata.
- Create & maintain spatial data from various external sources (US Census data, school data, transit data, etc.).
- Create GIS models & scripts to automate geoprocessing tasks.
- Maintain & improve existing Python processing tools.
- Document workflows.
What Were Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in GIS, Geography, Urban Planning or related field.
- Experience with ArcGIS creating & maintaining spatial datasets.
- Experience with open source GIS tools & libraries, such as QGIS & GDAL/OGR.
- Experience in ArcGIS models & scripting.
- Experience scripting/programming in Python.
- Experience with SQL
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.
Check out our Engineering blog!