POPSUGAR is looking for an experienced Audience Development Manager to guide the growth of our social video content across platforms. The person will use data to inform creative decisions & broaden our audience reach, engagement, & growth.
This role will be responsible for crafting thoughtful metrics reports & competitive studies to help guide teams on what kind of content to create, & how to package & market it successfully. Our ideal candidate will use both sides of the brain equally & understand that great social content requires both art & science. This is a full-time position based in Los Angeles.
A TYPICAL WEEK LOOKS LIKE:
- Provide regular metrics, competitive analysis & deep dive reports to develop audience growth strategy for POPSUGARs priority platforms & formats, including Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Snapchat, & emerging platforms
- Help guide content team with the best strategies for creating content audiences are responding to based on deep audience insights & platform research; help brainstorm topics & tentpoles & pitch clever stories to producers
- Own & evolve metrics reporting process & templates, including KPI tracking, creative analysis, trend research, & competitive analysis
- Craft custom insights for our Sales team & our internal creative agency to pitch POPSUGAR to brand partners
- Assist influencer research & outreach process to ideate & manage meaningful partnerships that will boost views & engagement
- Create content alongside producers that plays forward our best practices
THE NEXT GREAT AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER WILL HAVE:
- 3-5 years of hands-on, relevant experience in social content, ideally with a focus on social video & Stories products
- Sophisticated understanding of all online social video platforms & the formats that work on each.
- Strong analytical skills & an enthusiasm for experimenting with content & strategy to optimize for key metrics
- Strong editorial judgment & a passion for mining pop culture, lifestyle, & internet trends, especially as they relate to millennials & Gen Z female audiences
- Strong organizational, communication, & writing skills
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
POPSUGAR is the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. according to Comscore [Comscore, February 2020]. The company reaches young women through its positive & purpose-driven content across multiple platforms, spanning entertainment, fashion, beauty, fitness, parenting, & more. POPSUGAR reaches 1 in 2 Millennial women in the United States & leads all womens lifestyle publishers in user engagement [Comscore & Platform Analytics, 2019]. In November 2019, POPSUGAR joined Group Nine Media, the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S., & home to The Dodo, NowThis, Thrillist & Seeker [Nielsen DCR, June 2020].
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.