Reports to: Head of Campaigns
The DoSomething.org Campaigns Team is responsible for designing, managing, & evaluating large-scale social change campaigns, to mobilize our 5 million+ members (ages 13 - 25) to take action on causes ranging from poverty & homelessness, to the environment & mental health, to literally any cause that affects our members & their communities. Through our campaigns, our members have run drives to donate over half a million period products to homeless shelters around the country. To register thousands of new voters. To clean up 3.7 million cigarette butts. To recycle 1.4 million pounds of textiles.
Were hiring for a Community Impact Manager to be on the front-lines of helping our members make as much impact as possible in their communities. Youll be responsible for leading communication to our members, developing & managing a long-term engagement strategy, & piloting new programs & opportunities for our members to connect digitally & IRL. Anything related to supporting our members to make as much impact as possible will be your responsibility.
Increase Member Impact
- Design & run competitions for a subset of our most engaged users, to increase the amount of impact on the cause space.
- I.e. If an average DoSomething member is recycling five pieces of clothing, youll mobilize a subset of members to recycle 5,000 pieces of clothing each.
- Design high-touch experiences, outside of competitions, for our members to increase the amount of impact they have on the cause space theyre tackling.
Provide Member Support + Youth Expertise
Lead the charge for member communication, both scaled & direct -- responding to our members in a timely, fun, empathetic, & on-brand way to help support them in participating in our campaigns.
Manage user testing to optimize our web experience to ensure as many members as possible are completing our campaigns.
- Analyze trends in communication with members. Proactively share learnings with the rest of staff to ensure everything we do leverages learnings from the front-lines of member communication.
VIP Member Engagement
- Maintain & bolster a bench of VIP members for both growing impact & storytelling purposes, to highlight during events on the ground, & amplify their stories.
- Research & devise strategy to engage members & reach new VIP partners through on-the-ground community programs.
- Collect & synthesize insights from VIP members to Product team to drive enhancements to improve their user experience
- Design programs & effective communication strategies to sustain engagement amongst our most active members, so were activating them consistently over the span of the year (not just on a campaign by campaign basis).
Conduct experiments with our VIP (Very Impactful People) members to understand their needs & develop a thriving & sustained community on & off platform.
- Work closely with marketing dept (social & PR teams specifically) to onboard VIP members as social influencers & content creators in order to increase brand awareness to new audiences.
- Work closely with Product & cross-functional task force to understand the opportunity for community engagement & develop robust programming around it across digital, physical & marketing touch points.
- Work with our Clubs Associate to develop digital & offline strategies to implement & scale the Do Something Clubs program.
- You have extensive experience working with young people. You've worked directly with young people either IRL or in the digital world, & you have lead programs to organize them to achieve a goal.
- You have community management experience. You've built, or managed, a sticky community of at least 10,000+ in the past.
- Youre passionate about developing & mentoring young people & have managed at least one direct report, if not a cohort of interns and/or volunteers as part of a larger program.
- You have excellent communication skills. Youve led external facing communication strategy & efforts & have experience managing social media platforms for organizations or movements.
- You have outstanding project management experience. Youve been responsible for leading a project from conception, to execution, to evaluation -- whether thats event planning experience, or leading a large-scale digital campaign. Youre a quick thinker who knows how to put out fires (short-term triage) but then reconfigure processes (long-term improvements).
- You have impeccable attention to detail. You will be responsible for collecting, storing, & sharing tons of content related to our members & no detail is too small.
- Youre proactive. Were looking for someone who can pilot new programs, think outside the box, & pivot as needed when were not getting the results we want. We need someone who can take the work they are given & not only accomplish it, but go the extra mile to make it as creative & professional as possible.
- Youre data-driven. Youve set up tracking systems necessary to monitor how our tactics are performing & love diving into numbers & data to inform your decisions
- Youre digitally fluent. You can easily navigate GenZ-friendly platforms across social, mobile, & web.
- You have a deep passion for social change, & a belief in the power of young people to change the world. You believe in working everyday to help shape the next generation of do-ers, leaders & changemakers.
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas & New Years (plus Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day!). And your birthday & Valentines day off...and a half-day on Halloween. If youre in costume. Seriously.
- A fun office environment, a gong, brownie bake-offs, & the best coworkers you could ask for.
- Employee medical & dental premiums fully covered by us. Mhmm. You read that right.
- An incredibly compelling reason to wake up & make it to work every day.
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating our 5 million members around the world to make an impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change & we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We dont hire just anybody. We work hella hard & we move super fast. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are & what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own why for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
We have the stability of a 25-year-old organization, but we look, feel, & operate like a tech-forward startup.
DoSomething.org is an equal opportunity employer.Please, no calls.
DoSomething.org & DoSomething Strategic (we, us) are committed to protecting & respecting your privacy. This policy explains when & why we collect personal information on candidates, & how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
- DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the world focused on young people & social change. DoSomething Strategic is the consulting arm of DoSomething.org. Our 6 million+ members take action, online & offline, to better their communities by participating in one of our 250+ cause campaigns.
How & why we collect data from you.
- We collect & retain data that is included in your job application. This includes your full name, contact information, & any personal information disclosed in your resume, cover letter, & other supplemental application materials.
- Data is collected for evaluation criteria when seeking employment at DoSomething
- We will only use your data for what was originally intended -- for purposes of seeking & gaining employment at DoSomething. Your data will not be recycled for marketing emails or to sell to third parties.
How long do we retain this data?
- DoSomething will retain candidate profiles for 3 years.
- Annually on August 1, candidate profiles from 3+ years prior will be entirely deleted from our system.
Is your data secure?
- JazzHR maintains secure job board pages. Job boards will default to HTTPS. Additionally, if we were to terminate our contract with JazzHR our candidate data is deleted from JazzHRs systems in accordance with JazzHRs Terms of Service.