Peloton is seeking a Senior Communications Lead, based in Toronto, ON, to help craft & implement strategic public relations activities in Canada that support & promote Pelotons global & territory-specific offerings, including, but not limited to content & instructors, products (Bike, Bike+, Tread, App), partnerships, retail & apparel, community & relevant business initiatives. This person should be passionate about PR, fitness, tech, & innovation & have a good handle on the evolving Canadian media landscape. This role requires someone who is a creative, strategic thinker & problem-solver with an affinity for details, who displays an exceptional work ethic & a positive attitude. The role will collaborate cross functionally with the brand marketing, content, retail & membership teams to ensure the appropriate Peloton narrative is being delivered in-market.
This person will also work closely with Pelotons Toronto-based PR agency to ensure strategic alignment with Peloton business goals as well as partnering to create market-relevant communications plans.
- In conjunction with Global Comms team partners, build Canada-specific communications roadmap.
- Build strategic relationships with consumer lifestyle, health/fitness, & music outlets/influencers on behalf of Peloton, that will lead to media & social coverage.
- Work closely with the content & marketing teams to leverage our instructor talent to promote Pelotons fitness content & expertise.
- Draft prep materials, pitches & press releases related to Peloton news & initiatives.
- In partnership with external PR agency, manage press activities & outreach around instructor talent, streaming & on-demand fitness content/Peloton App, product promotion, & retail showroom openings.
- Amplify compelling Member stories in the media to promote the diversity of Pelotons worldwide community.
- 6+ years of experience working in communications & media relations, preferably in the media, lifestyle and/or fitness category
- Proven record of pitching & securing consumer press, & a deep understanding of the fitness, lifestyle & media sectors
- Ability to take global press/marketing initiatives & localize in market
- Excellent written & verbal communication, & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently & proactively, juggle multiple projects, & collaborate well within a small, enterprising team of communications professionals
- Ability to bring new thinking & ideas to the communications team
- Highly organized, great attention to detail & ability to ruthlessly prioritize
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brands immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.