Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, & chance encounters become lifelong connections. At Meetup, you'll help create the future of real community & a future where people show up, do things, & actually talk.
Software Engineering Managers at Meetup build high performing teams. We value engineering managers who are keen to stay close to the ground & the product, see themselves as there to guide teams to work more effectively as well as coach & grow engineers.
It's an exciting opportunity to help build a team responsible for a critical area of Meetup -- mobile first. You'll have a chance to influence everything from daily engineering practices & team culture, to defining our future engineering organization structure, & all that's in between. If you're applying for this role, you're a great leader of people & thrive with the challenge of creating a successful team.
You're our ideal team member if you:
- Are a leader with strong desire in building a highly productive team while creating a fulfilling work experience for engineers.
- Thrive in improving team processes & collaboration methods, focusing on Agile practices.
- Have experience managing local & remote engineers in technical & non-technical topics, especially in native mobile environments.
- Have experience recruiting engineers, both by interviewing & setting up recruiting processes.
- Are adaptable, & can handle changing requirements & difficult problems. You build process for the long-term while managing iterative, short-term needs.
What you get to do:
- Be an effective people manager that focuses on coaching, team culture, & recruiting.
- Partner with the Director of Engineering to shape how the team is organized & continuously improve how the team works.
- Actively participate in your reports' professional development through coaching, timely & specific feedback, regular 1-on-1s, & highlighting growth opportunities.
- Unblock team members by working with neighboring teams to determine solutions & timelines.
Our engineers are smart, flexible, great problem solvers. Managers are responsible for organizational transparency, career development, mentorship, & honest feedback. We build fast & release code often, relying on their leadership to increase productivity by removing obstacles & keeping processes effective.
Check out our engineering blog: https://medium.com/making-meetup
Meetup employees are bold, supportive, & passionate about empowering people to come together & create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, & building diverse, dynamic teams in a safe & inclusive environment. You in?